Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This one really has me perplexed. I have a 2003 CTS with 150k miles, 3.2L -- It runs perfectly in the morning on my way to work (about 10 miles of mixed driving). Then as I leave on appointments later in the day, it starts running rough, misfiring and stays that way until I get home. The next day, it runs perfectly again until I get to the office! I get a random misfire and a #6 cylinder misfire (once in a while I get a #2 or #4 but recently just #6) and I also get the P0341 code (camshaft position sensor)

Any idea why the car runs fine for the first 1/2 hour or so?

·
Registered
CTS 3.6L 2005 80,000 Miles
983 Posts
sounds like issues on warm up. It could be your exhaust valves are leaking, this makes sense as the car warms up the clearances become wider thus your misfire. The best way to test this is to do a compression check. I go this route becuase you seem to be having possible cam alignment issues also.

·
Registered
2003 CTS
3 Posts
had the same thing on my 03cts, Here's how I fixed mine, remove the coil packs and see if you have oil down were the spark plugs go, due to the valve pan leaking on these models.,, each spark plug has a rubber boot that connects it to the coil pack,, they dry rot. replace them, 6 for right around 80.00 from advanced auto parts. they are fouling out. Get out as much oil as you can were the plugs go, some will leak down onto the pistons and it will smoke like its blowed up for about 5minutes after you replace the plugs. Clear your codes by holding f1 and f6 on the radio when you start it up. That cleared up my problem, it ran like crap for almost a year, now it runs like a new one.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts