Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
none
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before anyone says buy a cts v I'm getting car for $200 needs some body work but overall not bad. Can the stock v6 be built for performance ie: block sleeved and run nitrous. Understanding I will have other items to beef up or replace or should I pull v6 and drop a v8 n it

·
Registered
629 Posts
If you can machine a sleeve yes, otherwise no. After market parts: cold air intake -_- Intake manifold spacer Hi flow or no cats Under pulley. Ctsv or 2003 3.2l manual (came w 373) differential at a 373 instead of 343 ratio. And if you can port and polish the intake manifold upper and lower, heads, and throttle body. I have all that and a universal snow performance water methanol kit. Which I'm not tuned for but dramatically reduces heat soaking. If you do even half of these I would suggest an external transmission cooler. 1 because the oem trans cooler fails all the time on this forum and because it will keep the trans cooler even if just a degree or two will extend the overall life of your trans. Now there's no reason you can't hook up a sneaky Pete system running a 50 shot. But even then the computer will advance timing as much possible. You should still see a decent increase in power but not as much as if the car was tuned for it. If the car isn't your Dailey I would suggest starting by gutting it.

The overall internals of the motor are solid for performance as proved by the Australians. The timing chains however are temperamental and need to be kept full on oil.

·
Registered
none
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's not my daily driver and rear main seal is shot so I'll be pulling motor anyway. Just trying to look at my options.

·
Premium Member
2006 STS V8 AWD, '95 Ford Ranger
28,963 Posts
If you can machine a sleeve yes, otherwise no. After market parts: cold air intake -_- Intake manifold spacer Hi flow or no cats Under pulley. Ctsv or 2003 3.2l manual (came w 373) differential at a 373 instead of 343 ratio. And if you can port and polish the intake manifold upper and lower, heads, and throttle body. I have all that and a universal snow performance water methanol kit. Which I'm not tuned for but dramatically reduces heat soaking. If you do even half of these I would suggest an external transmission cooler. 1 because the oem trans cooler fails all the time on this forum and because it will keep the trans cooler even if just a degree or two will extend the overall life of your trans. Now there's no reason you can't hook up a sneaky Pete system running a 50 shot. But even then the computer will advance timing as much possible. You should still see a decent increase in power but not as much as if the car was tuned for it. If the car isn't your Dailey I would suggest starting by gutting it.

The overall internals of the motor are solid for performance as proved by the Australians. The timing chains however are temperamental and need to be kept full on oil.
The 3.2L has a timing belt and not chains with its own problems.

·
Registered
629 Posts
dkozloski said:
The 3.2L has a timing belt and not chains with its own problems.
I wasn't talking about the motor, I was only talking about the differential that came with the manual transmission cts in 2003. Unless you get a ctsv differential from 04-07.

·
Premium Member
2006 STS V8 AWD, '95 Ford Ranger
28,963 Posts
I wasn't talking about the motor, I was only talking about the differential that came with the manual transmission cts in 2003. Unless you get a ctsv differential from 04-07.
I didn't know that the differential had timing chains. "The timing chains however are temperamental and need to be kept full on oil." My bad.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts