Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
cts
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where can I buy performance parts for the 3.2 I have custom intake with k&n and super 40 flowmaster for exhaust and will removing the cats and adding dual exhaust add more power

Attachments

·
Registered
2006 3.6L CTS, Hotchkis Sway Bars, FE2
526 Posts
You can expect to see some gains from the catless dual exhaust since your engine will be able to breathe better. However unless you are willing to fabricate your own turbo kit for the 3.2, there aren't a lot of options for performance. You'd be better off spending your money on ride quality & aesthetics. That or replace the motor/trans with something more powerful.

·
Registered
cts
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The 2 rubber hoses that go up to the plenum into the throttle. Could they be removed and fabricate my own pipe

·
Registered
2006 3.6L CTS, Hotchkis Sway Bars, FE2
526 Posts
The 2 rubber hoses that go up to the plenum into the throttle. Could they be removed and fabricate my own pipe
You could, but those were designed and tested in a lab and provide optimal airflow at the correct temps. You can definitely replace them, but be aware you may hinder performance. You can't just replace it with some stainless steel pipe and expect it to work better. Not to mention your intake get's fairly warm during use (140 degrees on average, if not more). You dont want to use material that absorbs heat easily and doesn't dissipate. Using the wrong material could mean warmer air going into your intake which would also affect performance. There is actually quit a bit of science that goes into designing intakes. More so than people give it credit for. Whatever you decide to do, make sure to post pics so members of the forum can see for themselves.

·
Registered
629 Posts
If you can fab, then installing a turbo kit, it isn't hard just time consuming. Tuning is where you'll run into trouble. Without a tune you could still see some decent gains, but not nearly what you should, and would most likely run lean. You would have to scrap the entire ecm and go aftermarket.

·
Registered
629 Posts
You can swap the entire diff from a v. But you may run into more computer issues, Abs and stability control. Not sure on the driveshaft though

·
Registered
cts
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So your saying it's possible please do tell more . . I would need to replace those other parts you mention ?

·
Registered
629 Posts
The cts v differential bolts right in place of our stock unit. The case is the exact same but the v rear has 373 posi. And much more heavy duty compared to the stock unit. Now the computer still thinks you have a 343 so your speedo will be off. Your true mileage would be thrown off, there are equations you can use to figure it out but your abs and stability control will be off as well which won't be fixed without a tune. Hopefully someone else chimes in about the stability and abs.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts