Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Pearl White CTS
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I know I've seen this problem on here many times. I just bought a '03 CTS love the car except the problems that it is starting to bring. Literally almost killed me and my brothers the other day both the passenger side brakes just engaged out of no where but that's only happened once. The main issue is the rough shifting and the idling problems when I start her up the CTS slowly starts revving up to 3000 RPMS and then drops to 1500 and does it again. Then when u drive it has problems shifting nowadays it seems to be down shifting the whole car jerks when it shifts.
Idk what to do I hate the dealerships so I thought I'd get everyone else's opinion first.
I constantly get the "Service Stability System, Idle Control and Reduced Engine Power" messages on my DIC.
Thanks guys hope to hear back

·
Registered
2003 CTS 1SC Luxury Sport
1,017 Posts
Throttle body learn, easy place to start. Common for connectors and throttle body assemblies.

·
Registered
2003 Pearl White CTS
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Throttle body learn, easy place to start. Common for connectors and throttle body assemblies.
Thats what I was think but would be the cause of everything that's happening just a simple throttle body cleaning

1 - 3 of 3 Posts