Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, this is my first post.. i just got a 2003 cts and i need to remove the headrest from the drivers side to fix it, but i cant get it off... i can get it to move to the top but then it sems to lock out... any tips on how to remove it?

thanks a bunch!

andy

·
Registered
2007 CTS-V, 2001 Honda Shadow Sabre
1,640 Posts
What do you plan on "fixing"? If you've still got any waranty, just take it to the dealer and let them mess with it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i dont have a warranty, the car has 58000 on it... the headrest just kind of wiggles around instead of rolling forward and backward as the normal adjustment would... i would like to remove and replace it or fix it if i can...

·
Registered
2003 CTS Manual Trans., '93 STS
3,035 Posts
I've never tried, or even looked into, removing the headrests on the CTS, but on my Jeep, the plastic collars on top of the seat (where the headrest rods go into) were the locking mechanism. You pulled the headrest up to it's max height, twisted one of the plastic collars about 1/8 turn (it had an arrow showing the direction), and pulled up the headrest up the rest of the way.

·
Registered
2007 CTS-V, 2001 Honda Shadow Sabre
1,640 Posts
xtuffycorex said:
i dont have a warranty, the car has 58000 on it... the headrest just kind of wiggles around instead of rolling forward and backward as the normal adjustment would... i would like to remove and replace it or fix it if i can...
Mine did that when I bought it as well. But it only had 20K and came with a 6 yr/60K waranty so I just went back the next day with a list of 5 or 6 things and said, hey fix this! (I've also got an 03)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah i wish i had a warranty, im also in need of the clip that holds the right side of the drivers visor in place... for some reason its missing... oh well, ill figure it out, ill try turning the plastic grommet that the headrest slides into... thats sounds like a plausable idea

thanks guys
andy

·
Registered
Started with '04 BR V, moved on to '09 Slvr V, now '13 CRT coupe
1,957 Posts
It's not that difficult. Raise the head restraint to the highest position by pressing in on the release button on the inboard right side. On the inboard left side you will see a 3/32" hole. Insert the end of a 3/32" drill bit (the red plastic extension tube from a can of WD40 will also work) into the hole. Apply a little pressure to the internal release lock mechanism while holding in the release button on the right side button and also exerting a little upward pressure to the head restraint. The restraint will slide the rest of the way out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts