Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
  1. My 03 cts is pulling forward in every gear position, when in reverse it trys pulling both ways, in park it trays to go forward but is locked into park at same time n can't roll. Drive will not release. Why?

·
Registered
2007 CTS 3.6 >129k miles
527 Posts
I'm not sure I completely understand what is going on, but I think the car is surging forward whenever the shifter is put in gear, whether D or L (?) Also, if you put it in R it tries to go forward and reverse (?) If you put it in P it tries to go forward (?)

If this is the case you have issue(s) with 1) the ATF level and/or condition is incorrect, 2) the shift lever or the linkage is not functioning properly, or 3) the transmission control module (TCM) and/or shift solenoids and/or internal transmission components are malfunctioning. All of these symptoms are consistent with low ATF level, so I would start by ruling this out by replacing the ATF and verifying it is at the correct level. If it has already been changed, just verify it is at the correct level (see video below). After that, I would proceed to check the shift linkage and/or sensors associated with the shifter. Assuming all of these "simple" issues are ruled out, I would have the TCM checked at a reputable shop.

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
67,924 Posts
[QUOTE="Shade trees best, post: 17803624, member: 1166146"] My 03 cts is pulling forward in every gear position, when in reverse it trys pulling both ways, in park it trays to go forward but is locked into park at same time n can't roll. Drive will not release. Why? [/QUOTE]

Welcome to CF !!! Your transmission problem post has been moved from the thread that you hijacked to this new thread, all your own. Thanks for the interest in CF.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts