Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know how to set the analog clock that in with the instruments? I can set the clock in the radio but it does not change the other one.

·
Registered
'04 Escalade EXT
352 Posts
welcome to the forum. i also have an 03 and when i change the time on my nav unit it automatically changes the analog on the cluster. however my clock has always been 2-10 minutes off of what the center console reads. if i only changed it a few minutes the analog wouldn't even change, i would have to change it by a few hours, then change it to the time i needed. hope this helps and again, welcome

·
Registered
292 Posts
The analog clocks are unreliable to say the least. Mine was off by 10 minutes for the longest time. Then I changed the time and it seemed to sync back. Now I noticed its already drifting 2-3 minutes a month later.

·
Registered
2003 CTS
920 Posts
It's a lost cause to get the two clocks to display the same time. I have a 03 and got tired of trying, I changed out the gauge cluster to the new model that has the temp gauge instead of the analog clock. You can also place your favorite sticker or emblem over the analog clock. :eek:

·
Registered
'04 Escalade EXT
352 Posts
FastCTS said:
It's a lost cause to get the two clocks to display the same time. I have a 03 and got tired of trying, I changed out the gauge cluster to the new model that has the temp gauge instead of the analog clock. You can also place your favorite sticker or emblem over the analog clock. :eek:
Where would I go about getting a newer cluster and how much do they run?

·
Registered
2003 CTS
920 Posts
I think some people have got them free from dealer, because the analog clock is defective. I got mine from the dealer a couple of months after I bought (11-03) the car, paid $500.00 to have it installed. You can probably get it cheaper now.

·
Registered
2003 Cadillac CTS, 2005 Cadillac STS4 1SG
2,043 Posts
d-dash said:
Where would I go about getting a newer cluster and how much do they run?
salvage yard. No offense to the people that spent 500 for a new cluster, but I got a perfect 05 cluster from a salvage yard for 100 dollars. Most expensive I saw was 200. No point in buying new.

·
Cadillac Technician
none
11,051 Posts
You can try to disconnect the battery for 5 minutes.
Then reconnect it, set the clock on the radio and the IPC clock should reset itself properly.
I have seen a few that veer off of the proper time.
This usually gets them working again for a while.

·
Registered
2003 CTS Manual Trans., '93 STS
3,035 Posts
I got mine for $50 on EBay last year just six months after buying the car. That clock pissed me off too much. It was always off after setting it with the DIC or Nav. It's only a 10 minute swap (after you have your miles programmed into the new IP).

·
Registered
2007 CTS-V, 2001 Honda Shadow Sabre
1,640 Posts
When I bought my 03 that clock was off by 20 minutes. When I adjusted the time on the radio the cluster clock would change with it, but still off by 20 minutes. I had it reset by the dealer but have noticed its already drifted by about 5 minutes or so (again it stays 5 minutes off no matter how I adjust the clock on the radio). I'm planning on taking it in for an oil change (bringing my own Mobil 1) on friday so I think I'll request the upgrade to the 04 or 05 cluster while I'm there.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
so heres a question that caddy man and i were talking about when he stopped by to install his volant...i think it raises some good questions for non-nav people...

03, no nav, analog clock. you buy the 04 or 05 cluster with the temp gauge, plug it in, have your miles reprogrammed, temp gauge works, and you are good to go...heres the question...

on the DIC i do not have a clock normally, only the analog...is that normal? if you install the temp gauge, will a clock function now show on the DIC? if i install the new cluster i'm afraid i won't have a clock in the car...

whats up with that.

·
Registered
2003 CTS Manual Trans., '93 STS
3,035 Posts
Well, that's certainly a good excuse to upgrade to the Nav (which displays a digital clock) at the same time! :lildevil:

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
believe me i'd love to...but this whole "carputer thing" has got me thinking about the extra features i can have at about the same cost when all is said and done...

i think i might go to the dealer and complain that the clock is constantly being off and see if i can't get them to hook me up with a new cluster w/ the temp gauge. i can live without a clock in the car if i can have that temp gauge (thats what cell phones are for, right?)

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
I dont know why all you guys dont get the time on your DIC screen. The time has always been the primary display on mine. Whenever I change the volume or radio station, that will be displayed (radio station or cd track info, not volume), but after about 5 seconds it goes back to the time. I'm pretty sure you guys have tried to find it in the DIC, I'll take a look tonight and see what I can find.

·
Registered
292 Posts
The clock doesnt display on my DIC, I have to hit the set time button just to check it. Would be nice if somehow the dealer could enable this or upgrade the firmware.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
FastCTS, try and find out your build date...we'll compare it with DDS (who has a clock on the DIC) to the rest of us, who do not. maybe they added it or changed the firmware at a later manufacturing date...

if so, the dealer is going to get yet another visit...my list is growing longer by the day. i think they hate me...i need to flip flop between 2 dealers

·
Cadillac Technician
none
11,051 Posts
I think the point everyone is trying to express is that they have a clock on their cluster and it doesn't work right.
I don't think it's so much about actually relying on that clock to know what time it is so much.

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
TripleOught said:
FastCTS, try and find out your build date...we'll compare it with DDS (who has a clock on the DIC) to the rest of us, who do not. maybe they added it or changed the firmware at a later manufacturing date...

if so, the dealer is going to get yet another visit...my list is growing longer by the day. i think they hate me...i need to flip flop between 2 dealers
I know what you mean. My list started on monday as "hey, I should get the oil changed this week". Now I'm bringing my own Mobil 1 for the oil change and asking for waranty replacement of the instrument cluster (replace w/ an 05 cluster if possible so i get the chrome trim), headlights (upgrade to HIDs?), and the rear bezzle (lenses over the plate lights are fogging). I'm also gonna work him over for used V parts like the exhaust, grill, bumper, nav...AND I'm gonna harrass the sales manager for an arival date for the 18" wheel sport appearance package. Man, they are gonna hate me by the time I leave...

1 - 20 of 28 Posts