Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Crunching from tranny. Sounds like a bearing noise from alternator but louder and only makes from r/f and when in any gear but park. Sounds like the fluid is low and the torque converter doesnt have enough fluid . harsh downshift on mine turned into always stuck in 4th gear but intermittently works normal with no bang. Fixed ecm took care of majority of problems and tcm new as well. Also on 1st start u can hear a high pitched noise from trans that goes higher and higher pitched sounds like fluid making its way through all the channels etc and once reached it stops noise and only at idle and in gear makes crunching sound. In park is ok. Put in drive and the PRNDL indicator not lit. Put in any other gear and it lights up. Wont allow me to go over 60mph. No codes anywhere except was a p0700 only. And now gone since new tcm. It almost seems like its stuck in that winter mode. The button with a snowflake. Sometimes works perfectly normal through all gears and sometimes straight 4th gear from zero to 100mph. Will never shift. Could it all just be a low fluid problem since when works normally the tranny shifts smooth efficient and perfect then when happens it wont at all. Almost like a safe mode to keep it from shifting with low fluid in it. And since its a sealed transmission i can't tell easily if its full or not. At beginning of all this it was harsh downshifting into any gear and then all of a sudden wouldnt shift anymore but intermittently. Almost like if i parked on an incline in a direction in which the tranny fluid would tell comp that theres enough in it then it is ok. But leveled outaybe it doesnt see enough. Racking my brain for weeks. Have experience with these cars but not issue like this. Just changed ecm for key getting stuck etc and tcm for p0700 and those are fixed but same issue with original problem. Please HELP!!!!

·
Registered
2007 CTS 3.6 >129k miles
537 Posts
I would definitely check ATF level. Also right front noise may be wheel bearing.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts