Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Cadillac CTS
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everybody,

There has been a lot of confusion on the forum over this question, and I think it is due to the way the question is being asked, so here it goes.

I am looking for the Torque specs for the Lower intake Flange, this is what the intake manifold sits on and the intake manifold is what the plenum sits on. so to be clear I am looking for the torques for the Lower intake Flange, as this has to be removed in order to get the Thermostat housing out. This is not a job for a first timer, I have my buddy helping me and between us, we have 40 years of Aircraft maint expearience.

I want to stress, on a 3.2 L CTS 2003, you have to remove the lower intake flange to remove the thermostat housing but it is important to have the Torque specs. I know there are a lot of very experienced and very helpful guys on this site so please can someone provide me with the Torque specs for the lower intake Flange. Not the intake manifold, I have those already.

I have attached photos of the parts in question, the second attachment shows the torque sequence but no torque values, I look forward to your help.

Thanks,

Bigmoe99

Attachments

·
Registered
2003 Cadillac CTS
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hi Everybody,

There has been a lot of confusion on the forum over this question, and I think it is due to the way the question is being asked, so here it goes.

I am looking for the Torque specs for the Lower intake Flange, this is what the intake manifold sits on and the intake manifold is what the plenum sits on. so to be clear I am looking for the torques for the Lower intake Flange, as this has to be removed in order to get the Thermostat housing out. This is not a job for a first timer, I have my buddy helping me and between us, we have 40 years of Aircraft maint expearience.

I want to stress, on a 3.2 L CTS 2003, you have to remove the lower intake flange to remove the thermostat housing but it is important to have the Torque specs. I know there are a lot of very experienced and very helpful guys on this site so please can someone provide me with the Torque specs for the lower intake Flange. Not the intake manifold, I have those already.

I have attached photos of the parts in question, the second attachment shows the torque sequence but no torque values, I look forward to your help.

Thanks,

Bigmoe99
a quick note, I went to my local cadillac dealer and they would not give me the torque specs, talk about a bunch of jackasses.

·
Registered
2003 Cadillac CTS
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks brianlc61,
we found it on all data, 15 ft lbs is correct. I am going to put together a detailed list of instructions with illustrations so that anyone will be able to follow and be able to do job. watch for it, will post on the forum.

Cheers,

bigmoe

1 - 4 of 4 Posts