Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
'03 Cadillac Seville STS
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife and I went to a drive-in, last nite. You tuned in a FM Frequency for the movie audio. Ignorantly I drained the battery after about an hour. It is a Boze Radio System. After about 40 minutes, I jump started the car using a battery pack. Everything works now but the radio will not come on at all. Did I blow a fuse or do something worse? Thanks in advance for any help

·
Registered
99 Seville STS, 08 STS4 N* 1SG F55
3,516 Posts
Check the fuses, but you may have also activated the anti-theft feature on the radio. Check in your owners manual under Theftlock.

·
Registered
'03 Cadillac Seville STS
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Checked the fuses, but all were OK. After re-inserting one of the fuses for the navigation system (under rear seat) I heard the cd changer power up. I turned the switch on and the radio powerered up also... I don't understand what happened, but glad it works now. I just thought I'd post to pass info along

·
Registered
2003 STS w/BoseNav, 1993 Deville, 1985 Deville
1,089 Posts
This happened to me, too, today. I went to have the tires rotated and balanced. When they took it for a test drive, the Traction Control light came on. It went away, but the Bose Navigation/Audio went completely dark. I took it home and removed and reinserted all the audio and navigation fuses. Everything seems normal. Weirdo.

There were a bunch of codes, all history. They all related to undervoltage, missed bus messages, etc. Looks like the battery went low, causing all sorts of havoc between the systems. Once car was started and generator brought the voltage up, things went back to normal except the audio. The fuse removal/replacement fixed that.

·
Registered
5 Posts
My sts did the same thing and it was the positive lug on the battery ready to fall off , it was also leaking acid around the lug

1 - 6 of 6 Posts