Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone recommend to me a top of the line and reliable remote starter/alarm system for my new 2003 Cadillac Escalade.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Viper 790XV is a very good remote starter with pager. Since I didn't want the remote start I went with the 690XV and this thing works like a charm. The pager pages you whenever someone messes with the car and can reach up to 1/4 mile. I also go the window modules to roll down my windows before I get to the car on those hot summer days. Here is the website to find more info:

http://www.directed.com/

·
Registered
25 Posts
aftermarket alarms

hi, i have a viper remote start alarm that i will take off of my jetta and put on my denali or escalade once i decide on what to buy..im wondering, is this a good i dea. are aftermarket alarms better than the GM alarms that come with the cars??? the remote start and auto windows isnt as big as a deal versus making sure my car is safe, especially since the caddy is the number 1 stolen car. what do u guys think. oh and will the viper overide the factory alarm or how will that go?

·
Registered
149 Posts
My GM alarm is still there on my Escalade along with the new Viper. All of the functions still work with the factory alarm but now I have an alarm with much more security features then the factory one. You can probably say I have 2 alarms now. My suggestion is if you spent the money to get a nice car then spend the money and invest in a alarm which will give you some better protection. Nothing is ever failsafe but it gives you a peace of mind.

·
Registered
Escalade EXT
2,294 Posts
The factory GM alarm only goes for about 2 minutes or less then it stops. The aftermarket I put on goes on till the battery runs out which makes sense if someone is trying to steal my car

1 - 7 of 7 Posts