Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1990 Cadillac Seville 2003 Cadillac DTS 2010 DTS Platinum
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a used 2003 Cadillac DTS last friday (day b4 my birthday) 96,000 mi but the car runs great and everything works great and has proper services recorded. Today I saw the Check Coolant level words come across the display. So when I got home after car cooled off for a while I opened hood and did notice that the coolant was kinda low in resivor... So I try to open the coolant resivoir and I cant... So I read manual. The Manual states "turn counter-clockwise until stops, then pushdown and continue turning and remove".... But when I try it after turning first time pushing down doesnt help and it doesnt turn counterclock wise anymore.. I cant open the thing! anyone know what to do? I mean the car isant going to overheat or runout of coolant soon but still I like treating the thing right.

· Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hah are you sure? your probably right because im so sensitve with the car that I am parinoid I would break anything... But Ill try again to push down harder.. because my parinoid self was ready to take it to dealership to get them to do it... ( coolants in my trunk though)

· Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
LOL You Were RIGHT DUDE!!! I put all my weight on center of cap and twisted and it worked!!!!!!!!!!! thanks a bunch Im back in the clean seat again hah Damn 21 years old with a 2003 DTS that when at a red light you cant tell the things on!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.