Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2003 cts
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys it sounds like there's a party going on in my torque converter under hard acceleration..but the trans shifts fine....any ideas? Thanks

·
Registered
2003 cts
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wonderful....smmfh...... Do you recommend a transmission swap or just replacing the converter?

·
Registered
629 Posts
pakitt1 said:
Wonderful....smmfh...... Do you recommend a transmission swap or just replacing the converter?
it depends on what you want to do. A new torque converter is over $1000, a used transmission with around 40k is around $1000. Either way the transmission has to come out. My trans went out just before thanksgiving, I picked up a used trans with 55k on it for 500$ at a local parts yard. I put a new filter and fluid in the unit and was on the road within 48 hours. Been good ever since. (Knock on wood)

·
Registered
2003 cts
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I can have 1 with 70k for 400$.... I don't feel like doing the job on my back.... I have done enough on other cars I have owned..... The cts transmission come out the same way as any other rear wheel drive transmission correct? Nothing out of the norm?

·
Registered
629 Posts
pakitt1 said:
I can have 1 with 70k for 400$.... I don't feel like doing the job on my back.... I have done enough on other cars I have owned..... The cts transmission come out the same way as any other rear wheel drive transmission correct? Nothing out of the norm?
correct

·
Registered
2003 CTS 1SC Luxury Sport
1,017 Posts
Go onto car-part. I got a 60k trans out of southern Wisconsin for $250 plus shipping for a customer last year. They're cheap, a torque converter isn't going to be over $1000 if you're doing it yourself. If you do only a torque converter do a complete transmission flush and flush the cooler.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts