Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All :wave:



I'm interested in purchasing a used Escalade, but can't find spec info for '03, '04, & '05 models.



What are the significant changes and/or additions made from the following models:

1) 2003 to 2004 models? Added or changed anything from the previous model?

2) 2004 to 2005 models?

:hmm:

IE: better gas mileage, longer, wider, etc..... The Cadillac salespersons I had talked to doesn't seam to know. Or they just say they have the same specs. I noticed that the '03 model has added the turn signals on the side mirrors compared to the '02 model.


Thanks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,353 Posts
2003 - 2005 there is not a lot of differences looking at the trucks, engine, trans are the same, they are have HID low beam headlights. Which model Escalade are you looking at?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
180 Posts
The only things I can think of is a touch screen head unit in the 2005 and the move of the tow package from optional to standard. Other than that I think the changes are limited to colors. The did remove the second bed light on the EXT in 2004.

Bear
 

·
Moderator
Joined
·
5,826 Posts
Bear said:
The only things I can think of is a touch screen head unit in the 2005 and the move of the tow package from optional to standard. Other than that I think the changes are limited to colors. The did remove the second bed light on the EXT in 2004.

Bear
Interesting, I didn't think the tow package was ever optional. Every Escalade I have seen has the rear hitch.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looking at '03 to '05 models right now. Would really like to get a ESV but my indoor parking space in my building would be a pain in the arse to get in and out of the lot. :banghead:


What would be the better option. Buy a '03 model with 30,000 miles or '04 or '05 model with 30,000 miles? The prices are similiar. Is the '03 model in better condition because it was driven about 10,000 miles per year or the '05 model that was driven 30,000 miles in less than a year?

I only drive about 3,000 to 4,000 miles per year, but need to upgrade my STS because of the kid(s). The SRX felt a little crowded.

Thanks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hello Steve,

How does the ride feel on Northern Blvd, Queens Blvd, or Manhattan? How about the LIE or GCP? Do you feel the bumps when you go over potholes? I haven't test driven the Escalade yet. Trying to get a test drive on the weekends is like pulling teeth. The dealer is either understaff or the Escalade is blocked by several cars. I even tried to test drive an Escalade or H2 at one of the dealers in Merrick (LI). Can't really take a day off from work so I can test drive yet, maybe during the upcoming holidays.

Thanks
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
12,114 Posts
slk230mb said:
Interesting, I didn't think the tow package was ever optional. Every Escalade I have see has the rear hitch.
It must have ben an option in 03 because my Lade never had a hitch. There is a plug already run to the rear of the vehicle, and there is a trans cooler on the front, so it's easy enough to add one on.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,888 Posts
We have the 03 and love it. I think in the 05 you lose the memory seats. I know for me and my husband this is a big deal because of our size difference. It is really up to you and what you like.
 

·
Moderator
Joined
·
5,826 Posts
darthcaddy said:
Hello Steve,

How does the ride feel on Northern Blvd, Queens Blvd, or Manhattan? How about the LIE or GCP? Do you feel the bumps when you go over potholes? I haven't test driven the Escalade yet. Trying to get a test drive on the weekends is like pulling teeth. The dealer is either understaff or the Escalade is blocked by several cars. I even tried to test drive an Escalade or H2 at one of the dealers in Merrick (LI). Can't really take a day off from work so I can test drive yet, maybe during the upcoming holidays.

Thanks
I have the stock 17" rims with Michelin Cross Terrain SUVs to start things off. On the LIE and GCP the truck is fine. The larger potholes on Northern Boulevard can bet felt (but I expect this from any car), the small ones not at all. Queens Blvd is usually ok, but where the road is crappy, the ride is a little choppy. Never had a problem in Manhattan. What dealership are you looking at, I use Paul Conte Cadillac in Freeport, and to the best of my knowledge they allow for 24hour test drives.

Steve
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,888 Posts
The 02 model has the cabin air filter that the newer ones don't have anymore. It has Locking center console and locking glovebox. It doesn't have HID headlights.

The 03 model lacks the metel emblem on the Steering wheel on the air bag cover and some chrome trim pieces on the gauge cluster. Onstar button moved to rearview mirror. No more cabin air filter (I wish mine had one). No more lock on the glove box and center console. Has the memory key/foab seats for driver 1 and 2.

The 04 model has the metal emblem on steering wheel and some more chrome trim in gauge cluster. Looks so much nicer then the 03 steering wheel and gauge cluster. Has the memory key/foab seats for driver 1 and 2. Chrome exhaust tip. Last year for the Out of the Blue color. What a beautiful color to.

The 05 model has the touchscreen Nav system and chrome exhaust tip, but lost the memory key/foab seats for driver 1 and 2. New Rip Tide Blue color choice.

I'm sure there are other minor little changes between them. There not much different from each other, They are all awesome.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,313 Posts
boombotz said:
The 03 model lacks the metel emblem on the Steering wheel on the air bag cover and some chrome trim pieces on the gauge cluster. Onstar button moved to rearview mirror. No more cabin air filter (I wish mine had one). No more lock on the glove box and center console. Has the memory key/foab seats for driver 1 and 2.
The 02 has the memory Key/fob for D1 and D2 too :cool:
 

·
Moderator
Joined
·
5,826 Posts
boombotz said:
Sorry didn't know that. I was trying to go by my memory and didn't realize it. Thanks. I know if I was wrong someone would of let us know. Thanks :thumbsup: .
IIRC, only the EXT got it out of the box. The regular Escalade's can be programmed that way, my dealer did that for me, but the key doesn't say 1 or 2 on it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
slk230mb said:
I have the stock 17" rims with Michelin Cross Terrain SUVs to start things off. On the LIE and GCP the truck is fine. The larger potholes on Northern Boulevard can bet felt (but I expect this from any car), the small ones not at all. Queens Blvd is usually ok, but where the road is crappy, the ride is a little choppy. Never had a problem in Manhattan. What dealership are you looking at, I use Paul Conte Cadillac in Freeport, and to the best of my knowledge they allow for 24hour test drives.

Steve
I tried City Cadillac (where I bought my STS) and Major World. MW's lot is a mess. I can't recall which dealer was at Merrick. It was on Sunrise Hwy. Maybe I'll try Freeport. Who's your salesperson there?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Just recieved an email from Sarah at Cadillac.com :thumbsup:

Thank you for contacting Cadillac and for your interest in the Cadillac Escalade! New features for the 2004 model are Exterior color Blue Chip, Exterior color Quicksilver, Exterior color Red E, Standard Tire pressure monitor. We deleted Exterior color Silver Sand, Exterior color Green Envy, Exterior color InfraRed. In the 2004, model the sunroof and rear seat entertainment can be combined. In addition, Exterior color had a name change from Sable Black to Black Raven. We also made the trailering package, XM Satellite radio, second row bucket seats standard features.

In 2005 models, we discontinued the 145 amp alternator, but added Exterior color Rip Tide Blue. This vehicle featured several changes. We redesigned the highly-detailed instrument panel gauges with chrome bezels. Walnut Burl wood trim replaces Zebrano wood trim. Touch screen capability is included with the Navigation system. Round chrome exhaust tip replaces oval tip. We eliminated encapsulation around lift gate glass. The Driver Information Center was made less complicated and more user friendly. Tire Pressure Monitor now displays individual tire pressures in trip computer menu. In addition, updated fuel information and personalization icons, modified buckle-up reminder system refreshed appearance on interior door handles, added an a 160 amp alternator and electric cooling fans. To obtain more information regarding the Escalade, please visit www.cadillac.com or contact your preferred dealership. While you are at the dealership, we recommend you take a test drive. There is nothing like a test drive to help make that ultimate purchase decision!

We hope that this information is helpful to you. If you need additional information or have further questions, please let us know via email or by calling Cadillac at 1-800-333-4223, between 8:00 AM-11:00 PM Eastern Time, seven days per week. Again, thank you for contacting Cadillac!

Sincerely,

Sarah Wilson
Customer Relationship Manager
Cadillac
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks everyone for the info. :thumbsup:

My second question is: :confused:
What would be the better option. Buy a '03 model with 30,000 miles or '04 or '05 model with 30,000 miles? The prices are similiar.

Is the '03 model in better condition because it was driven about 10,000 miles per year or the '05 model that was driven 30,000 miles in less than a year?

I only drive about 3,000 to 4,000 miles per year.

Thanks.
 

·
Moderator
Joined
·
5,826 Posts
darthcaddy said:
I tried City Cadillac (where I bought my STS) and Major World. MW's lot is a mess. I can't recall which dealer was at Merrick. It was on Sunrise Hwy. Maybe I'll try Freeport. Who's your salesperson there?
My family has used Emil Cody in the past with great pleasure. I didn't get my truck there, I got it from an auction, but they do all my service.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
746 Posts
Not to really change the subject, I don't know why you are leaving the 02 out. To me it had the best accessories and the layout was great. Of course it didnt have navigation. But the controls and everything was so much better. Even that lil extra compartment in the center console. I dunno this just my opinion.
 
1 - 20 of 35 Posts
About this Discussion
34 Replies
14 Participants
Bismarck
Top