Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2002 Cadillac Seville STS
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Since a years ive tried to find that '' 19115256 '' Cd that would make the Nav unit work again.

I never found any dealer, any ebay seller, any owner, anybody that have it, or sell it, or whatever.

I am exhausted, tired.

I now am thinking of :

1- Taking the Bose nav unit out, and kick it out. (That Denso P.O.S really make me angry anyways)

2- going to my local scrapyard

3- take a Factory Bose casette and CD player out of a 2001 STS Seville,

4- Put it into my 2002 STS Seville

5- AND FINALLY HAVE SOME BASS N MUSIC IN THERE. :want::want:

Would this work? Because i dont really wanna go after-market. I wanna keep the Car-Pool-Lane you know what i mean ?

I wanna keep it as OEM as possible. But, i need answers, it's 2018, and i could do much more stuff with a Factory Bose Unit, than a 17 years old touch screen radio..

Tomorrow im going to take the Bose casette / cd radio off the other STS.

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
67,921 Posts
Every head unit for these cars is part of the security system, TheftLock, vehicle theft, serial data bus and some alarm features. Each head unit is programmed for THAT vehicle and will not work in another vehicle unless the HU is programmed by a GM dealer or aftermarket installer who has access to the GM online data download systems.

The latest NAV discs for our cars are very much out of date. The original Bose systems, NAV or not, are not a rock star's bass thumper kit. That comes only with dedicated, good shop, aftermarket work.

My 2002 has the 8-speaker Bose setup, no NAV (thank God), and is perfectly fine because we have listened to it for maybe 10 minutes in 13 years. In the car I use the weather channels only; Dire Straits gets worked out on the home tube/electrostatic system.

............more info over the years in the Seville forum. Or Google "cadillac forums seville bose head unit system replacement" or something close. Bring money.

BTW - Welcome to CF !!! Much more info in Seville/Eldorado/Deville forums ^^^................ :highfive:

·
Registered
2002 Cadillac Seville STS
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I know alot on this car, i have documentation.

93f3c84def81.jpg
Since the white screen, i unplugged the Radio's fuse underneath the back seat. This was a year ago. So theres no electricity going in it anymore.

Security, and serial data bus, i know about them, but since i unplugged the fuse, they might be at sleep as well as the whole Nav unit is , since a year, so, no problems there !

i aslo have the 8 speaker sound system, and it does sound like à rockstar's show ! - Bose is great ! - This is not only why i wanna keep it OEM.

So, You said : ( unless the HU is programmed by a GM dealer or aftermarket installer who has access to the GM online data download systems. )

But if they dont have no CD, or software who does? I dont know.

But !! - if a GM dealer can acess that infamous data base, they can do the swap .

Every simple options works on this car, even the reverse sensors are still working! But no radio...

No Radio - Less Value $$$ ya know ?

EDIT: PK3 / PAsslock and everything that is part from the radio's or whatever anti-everything actually has been bypassed due to after-market starter remote. i saw the wiring from under the steering coloum, it's a discontinued 'Autostart' remote, i should bring some pictures on this one !

1 - 4 of 4 Posts