Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1996 STS 2000 Deville
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, have a question. I am gonna do the coolant cross over gaskets on my sisters STS and was wondering if when I take off
the coolant cross over if I would then be able to change out the intake coupling rubber thingy without removing intake manifold..From what
I remember from doing my cross over housing i think Its possible but I dont exactly remember..Just wanna know if I should add that to the
Rockauto shopping list.. Oh and as far as that coolant pipe that goes into cross over would anyone have the part number for any gasket that may be in there..maybe an o ring I cant remember...Thanks for any replies.. :)

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
68,441 Posts
You can change the "plenum" when the water crossover is removed. The 3 long bolts/studs that retain the throttlebody go into captive nuts on the plenum steel frame, and the plenum rubber bellows is clamped to the intake manifold snout - the clamp screw is just visible down in the left (front) side of the opening into the engine valley.

The heater coolant pipe uses a quick-connect snap fitting. #15. Also in the cooling system diagrams in www.nalleygmc.com.

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts