Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a 2002 Seville which had no RKE when I obtained it. Taking a cue from a previous post on this forum I contacted ThePartsYouNeed.com and ordered 2 RKE units.

The resulting experience was, shall we say "less than pleasant" for a number of reasons. At this point I have two remotes which would not program. My locksmith verified the RKEs were operating (signal) and said they were not for my vehicle. When I contacted ThePartsYouNeed.com they insisted they work with my car and gave me a link to the following site:

http://myweb.accessus.net/~090/cad96rke.html

The part numbers they shipped me were 25656444 and 25656445, which are shown on this site to work only up to year 2000 Sevilles. I can't believe I have had such difficulty with this company, first shipping only one remote and claiming they sent two until I proved them wrong, then receiving the wrong remotes while they insisting they work with my vehicle when the site they point to for reference clearly shows they do not.

Does anyone here have the proper part numbers for 2002 Seville RKEs so I can show them the error of their way?

Thanks in advance.

BTW, I ended up paying $90 for two remotes from the locksmith -- I don't feel too bad about it since they WORK! Looks like I wasted my money with ThePartsYouNeed.com. BEWARE!

·
Registered
228 Posts
The part number I got from our sister GM store, for Keyfob #1, is 25695966. I did not check on #2 being as I have that FOB (I did this a few days ago).

I have an 01, but I think they would be the ame.

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
I have a 2002 SLS, and my #1 RKE remote, is the same as Trench's. I guess that you need to return the ones you have, and get the correct ones.

Don

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
3 Participants
Dadillac