Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

The latch for the pass-through/ski door on my 2002 Seville is missing, causing the door to flip open whenever the arm rest is opened. From what I read this seems to be a common issue. I have the cover that goes over the spring loaded plastic latch, however the latch itself is gone. For now, I have just inserted a piece of plastic to keep the door locked and while this works fine it also makes door non-functional. I have looked at several websites that sell OEM parts and I couldn't find any that sold the latch.

So, I have a 3D printer and I was hoping to 3D model the latch and print it. However, it's hard to design since I don't know exactly what the original latch looks like. I have these pictures here from user "basscatt's" album: http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/album.php?albumid=5642

The issue with these pictures are that they are low resolution and only show one side of the latch. I was hoping that someone could take detailed pictures of the latch and possibly some measurements so I can produce the 3D model. If I am successfully able to model a working latch, I will post the .STL file here so others can also print the latch.

Thanks

Sean

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,781 Posts
Welcome :wave:

FWIW, you will not find a latch (or door for that matter). You have to replace the entire unit.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
FWIW, you will not find a latch (or door for that matter). You have to replace the entire unit.
Thanks for that information, I figured they wouldn't sell just the latch. Hopefully I'll be able to print one and if I do hopefully the .STL will be helpful to other members with their latch missing.

Sean

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
68,441 Posts
Not "common" in any of the Sevilles I have worked on. Matter of fact, had one with the trunk lever/button for the pass-through missing and we found that in a junkyard. $0.50.

www.car-part.com for the entire door mechanism ??

·
Master of the Dark Art of Diagnostics
2003 DHS - two-2002 DHS, 2003 SLS, 1995 Sedan DeVille, 1989 Coupe DeVille
19,261 Posts
Thanks for that information, I figured they wouldn't sell just the latch. Hopefully I'll be able to print one and if I do hopefully the .STL will be helpful to other members with their latch missing.

Sean
==============================
pull the back seat out - it could be hiding -

most common was for the spring to pop out -
then the latch would fall down - behind the seat cushion -

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
pull the back seat out - it could be hiding -

most common was for the spring to pop out -
then the latch would fall down - behind the seat cushion -
That's probably exactly where it ended up, because I found the plastic cover in the armrest well (where it hinges). How does the back seat come out? Do you just pull straight up on it?

Sean

·
Master of the Dark Art of Diagnostics
2003 DHS - two-2002 DHS, 2003 SLS, 1995 Sedan DeVille, 1989 Coupe DeVille
19,261 Posts
Do you just pull straight up on it?
yup -
pull up on each front corner -
lift up and forward -

be careful if you have heated rear seats -
there will be an electrical plug on the passenger side -

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
68,441 Posts
If you need to remove the seat back there are 4 spring locks along the top rear edge. Find each one by feel and trip it with a flat blade screwdriver.

·
Registered
2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP), 1972 Sedan Deville
26,323 Posts
^^^Flat head stuck between the seat back and rear shelf. Stick it several inches down and slide it left or right until you hit something. Once you locate a clip, pull the screwdriver up enough to get it on top of the clip, then push down on it while pulling forward on the seat back slightly.

There are also 2 bolts. One at each seat belt anchor location. Easily seen with the seat bottom removed.

Watch out for the release cable for the pass through.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts