Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Mazda3 S GT Hatchback 2013 Kia Optima SXL
2,817 Posts
I just looked at my 2002 brochure, and it shows as an option on STS, and not available on SLS. One way to know for sure, is drive the car at night. If you can't see shit, it doesn't have HID's. The Sevilles with halogen bulbs are the worst for light output.

Don

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just looked at my 2002 brochure, and it shows as an option on STS, and not available on SLS. One way to know for sure, is drive the car at night. If you can't see shit, it doesn't have HID's. The Sevilles with halogen bulbs are the worst for light output.

Don
Exactly! I had HIDs on my RX8 and could see way better than anything Ive ever driven. Don't know how hard an upgrade would be.

·
Registered
Previous STS' 1995/97/99/01/03
1,194 Posts
I have the HID's , and its easy to tell.
When you first turn on the low beams, they flicker for a second, and then a blue white light explodes.
The regular lights are a yellowish hue, very different from the HID's.

·
Registered
99 Seville STS, 94 Fleetwood Brougham, 02 Escalade
63 Posts
If you look closely on the top of the glass right above the low-beam light you should see either "D1S" or "HB4" scribed to the glass.

·
Registered
1996 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham
4,414 Posts
I might be wrong but as I recall , from late '02 all the STS models came with HIDs

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
69,104 Posts
:rolleyes: My '02 is a late year run....end of Feb.'02 with MagneRide. Halogen bulbs up front. About a year ago I changed to GE Nighthawk 9005's and 6's and have plenty of light to drive at insane speeds on the country roads east of here.......I think HID's use a different front wiring harness to handle the increased current draw.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Good info, the build date on this one was 08/01. The car did have 17" wheels though, so I figured they would be HIDs.

Need to get into something fast though, my fiances pos jeep started overheating today.

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
69,104 Posts
Yep, there were a few STS options in '02, and the 17" 235/55/HR17 or VR17 was one. Sunroof, block heater, couple more.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
K, I called yesterday and the guy said it did NOT have the HID lights. Today that new picture was added and so was "Xenon."

Sweet, looks like im getting a new STS tomorrow :)

·
Registered
2015 Mazda3 S GT Hatchback 2013 Kia Optima SXL
2,817 Posts
The only way to know for sure is to either look at the lights at night, or remove the black shroud over the radiator support, and look for ballasts. My SLS seemed to have HID's when just looking at the lights when on. But they sure weren't. Not much difference in halogen and HID just by looking at them.

Don

·
Banned
2005 STS4 1SG: GM Acc Lights, Corsa, Platnium Grille, Volant
15,987 Posts
seem a tad blushish but they to me look more like HIDs then the stock yellow beams
could it be a Xenon knock off like silverstar or something? i suppose
but i think those are hids

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
My call was returned and the salesman went and looked and confirmed they were infact HIDs.

The car has 70k on it for 11k. Not the best deal perhaps but finding a *nice* black/black hasn't been an easy task. A local dealer is asking $16k for the same thing.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
It has 17" wheels, sunroof, HIDS, the only option that I can think of that it doesn't have is navigation. I really wanted navigation but time isn't on my side right now. My Escalade sold pretty much the day it was listed.

·
Registered
02 Seville, 04 SRX
1,343 Posts
It is a sharp car. I would get them down another grand, don't pay over 10K. Its not easy to sell a V8 right now, and if the car came in on a trade or at auction they payed around $8K for it. There is some wiggle room.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts