Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2001 Escalade EXT
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok , Now for the ongoing saga of my Cadillacs front end! Recap! When turning a hard right, I noticed a rumbling/grinding noise, So I replaced the left front wheel bearing and left front axle, I had thought the noise went away, But that was just wishfull thinking, the noise is still there, now I can hear it turning both directions.............IM frustrated as hell, short of changing the right front wheel bearing and axle also I don't know what to do...................any suggestions?

·
Registered
2001 Escalade EXT
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: 2002 Cadillac Escalade EXT Grinding noise while turning

Well that's the plan, but just a hypothetical scenario here, what else could make the grinding sound up there, Brakes are good.............Could the rackonpinion do that?

·
Registered
03 cadillac escalade
11,902 Posts
Only other items are cv joint and the differential along with u joints on the front drive shaft that could be a possible cause of the noise

·
Registered
2001 Escalade EXT
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: 2002 Cadillac Escalade EXT Grinding noise while turning

Im pretty confident that its not a U-joint..............(bad spelling coming up) could the rackanpinion in the front end make that kind of noise?

·
Registered
2001 Escalade EXT
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
IM going to do that this afternoon, see if it fix,s the problem, if it does not then im going to have to take it to the shop. And I don't want to do that, I hate not being able to fix something!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts