Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2002 Cadillac Eldorado ETC
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! I have a Cadillac Eldorado ETC that I got 6 months ago. Aside from some suspension and engine work when I got it, it runs great and has been very reliable!

I have a few things that I need to work on though. At the moment, my seat heaters don't work on either side. The lights don't turn on(Except when the switch is half-pressed). I was told it was likely burnt out elements, but I was told it could also be an issue with wiring? There is also an issue with the mirror controls. I got the car in Florida, and the dealer told me that the mirror controls were disconnected(for some reason?) and that they would have to be reconnected. Finally, I bought an antenna kit off Ebay: Power Antenna Kit - 1992 thru 2002 Cadillac Eldorado AM FM Car Radio (Name of Ebay listing, forum won't let me post the link) , which apparently fits the car, but when I got it and compared, it is shorter, and the audio cable that connects to the radio is male(as opposed to female on the original,). It looks like it will fit, but I think I'll have to do some splicing to get it to work. Is it worth using this kit, and can I get help on how to best install it? I have a parts car, same model, year, and series, and the seat heaters and mirror controls work on it. I would really love help on how to remedy all of this. Ideally, I want to do the work myself, as to avoid mechanic fees and to get experience working on my car. Can somebody provide a source/instruct me on how to remove the needed elements from the parts car and to install them in my current one?

Additionally, when replacing the heaters on the driver's side, I want to replace the upholstery of the seat with the passenger cover of the parts car, as it is significantly less worn. Will this work? Thank you for your help!
This is my first time on the forum, so please be aware of my ignorance. I couldn't find another thread with my problems, but if anybody knows one, please share! I can post pictures if needed!

·
Super Moderator
2010 DTS
87,300 Posts
Can somebody provide a source/instruct me on how to remove the needed elements from the parts car and to install them in my current one?
This will provide you with everything you ever wanted to know..........and then some.
I'd make a $100 offer. Best money you'll ever spend on the car.

OR get a subscription to www.alldatadiy.com if you don't mind it in your computer vs a hard copy.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This will provide you with everything you ever wanted to know..........and then some.

OR get a subscription to www.alldatadiy.com if you don't mind it in your computer vs a hard copy.
Thank you very much!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

A small update: I've been doing a lot of work on my car with this extra home time. I have repaired the antenna, it now retracts and extends with the radio. I have replaced the seats with ones with seat heaters(The previous seats didn't have any elements at all!). And I have replaced a mirror that was causing a lot of the control problems. I had to do a little soldering on the control switches to get it to work fully. Most recently, I replaced the alternator. Doing this for the first time...It was a nightmare. Took 6+ hours and a lot of pain. But I got it done! (Tip, it's worth taking out the radiator to do it.) Thank you for providing me with the service manuals! There's no way I could have gotten all this done without them! I appreciate it!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts