Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone has experience or knows if a 05 escalade transfer case will fit and work on a 2002 escalade as a transfer case replacement.
Looking online it appears as though 03 to 07 are compatible with no mention of a 2002. The strange thing is the shell housings on ebay are listed from 02 - 07.

So I figured I would check.
Any thoughts / insight / personal experience?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
The 2002 have a different AWD system than the 2003 on up models. I am not sure on the details, but the transfer-case used in 2003 models are a open differential design that is some how different from the 2002 limited slip transfer-case which used clutches I believe. There may even be an software compatibility issue since 2003 on up models also got a revised ABS brake/traction control system as well.

So my gut says no that a 2002 can use a 2005 transfer-case without doing some modification. However, the cases seem to be the same with only internal changes hence why the case cover fit all models from 2002-2006.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Ebay sellers get model information wrong sometimes, so it is best to do some detailed research before making purchases. The 03-07 information may be correct for the Chevy truck line and maybe Tahoe, but not the Escalade.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Does any other model fit the 2002 escalade AWD transfer case Denali , Tahoe ,Silverado ???
looking for a replacement case but not sure what makes and models fit my 2002 ext awd

·
Registered
346 Posts
Denali should be the same. But Tahoe, suburban, and Yukon won't work as those don't use full time awd. I think the trailblazer ss one would work as it had an all time awd system that couldn't be disabled.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Does any other model fit the 2002 escalade AWD transfer case Denali , Tahoe ,Silverado ???
looking for a replacement case but not sure what makes and models fit my 2002 ext awd
Like mention above in earlier posts, I would try to only use a transfer-case from a 2002 AWD model Denali. The 2003-2006 models has some changes which may not be compatible with the 2002 models.

·
Registered
11 Posts
thanks for the helpful info everyone how could I check if another one is good other than mileage?

Like mention above in earlier posts, I would try to only use a transfer-case from a 2002 AWD model Denali. The 2003-2006 models has some changes which may not be compatible with the 2002 models.

·
Registered
11 Posts
does it affect it in anyway having the full time awd compared to trying to get one that doesnt run full time awd
I live in dallas cant find anyone that has a denali or escalade transfer case this years

1 - 12 of 12 Posts