Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2002 Cadillac Escalade AWD 6.0L "Lady"
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure who is responsible for designing the rear outlet covers in the 2002's, but as many of you know they get ripped off very easily.

Does anyone have a fix for this terrible design? I was thinking about trying to find replacement covers, but not sure it's worth the time. Interested to see if anyone has a solution or modification for this.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I ended up removing the hinges for the missing covers and installing USB outlets from Amazon. These are nice because they came with covers and you can turn the outlets on/off.

·
Registered
2004 ESV
814 Posts
Not bad. My 04 only has one outlet in the middle, just above the HVAC controls in the rear part of the center console. The downward curve just behind the console lid has nothing in my 04 ESV.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I think the covers might be obsolete but not absolutely sure. You can check gmpartsgiants.com to see if they have the covers don't be scared if it says discontinued because I usually do is copy the part number and paste it on eBay in the all categories then search and eBay usually has it also if you find an expensive OEM part but want the OEM part still use eBay. Dorman has really good parts that are made better than OEM and just type their part number into eBay. Note: Dorman doesn't have a ton of car parts.

·
Registered
2004 ESV
814 Posts
You are the only one I have heard say something good about Dorman parts. I've heard if you want to get the car ready for sale, you use Dorman. If you plan to keep it, go with OEM or OEM+

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think the covers might be obsolete but not absolutely sure. You can check gmpartsgiants.com to see if they have the covers don't be scared if it says discontinued because I usually do is copy the part number and paste it on eBay in the all categories then search and eBay usually has it also if you find an expensive OEM part but want the OEM part still use eBay. Dorman has really good parts that are made better than OEM and just type their part number into eBay. Note: Dorman doesn't have a ton of car parts.
The covers for the rear outlets are made of unobtainium, and when you do find them they are expensive. Most of these covers broke off and then they changed the design. I have found a few online, but they are the wrong color (could paint) and expensive. I did find a few OEM GM parts that I could have tried (with some modifications) but decided to just put the USB outlets in.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts