Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2001 Escalade EXT
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK I have a 2002 Escalade EXT, I have a button on the side of the housing for the sunroof open/close assy. The button is on the drivers side of the housing, it slides back and forth about a 1/2 of an inch. Its not in the manual or at least I cant find it. I have no idea what this button/latch does. Any ideas?????????

·
Registered
252 Posts
I would also like to know.
I think i new at one point and it was not important to me so it didn't commit to memory,

·
Premium Member
2004 Escalade 6.0
1,120 Posts
Yes it is the Onstar microphone. Where mine clips over the edge there is a couple of ridges on the inside but they allow the microphone to slide a little front and back but it does not hurt anything. Maybe the overhead console was originally designed for a microphone with a wider clip. We will never know. On mine you can drop it down after removing 1 screw and re-clip if the clip is not broke.

·
Registered
03 cadillac escalade
11,902 Posts
dcorazal said:
I was wondering the same thing? hers a pic of mine.
That is the onstar mic but it shouldn't be loose like that gaa

It should have few clips and should snap in place on the left of the overhead console (should be a place for it)

·
Registered
'08 DTS Lux III Blk Cherry, '89 Brougham d'Elegance Dip Blue
4,847 Posts
I thought the mic for OnStar was in the headliner?

·
Premium Member
2004 Escalade 6.0
1,120 Posts
The grill above the drivers head has a little fan in it sucking in air which blows over a temperature sensor for the climate control. Sometimes they make noise or are plugged up like mine was.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts