Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2004 CTS - 245K
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

trying to help my parents get a 02 Escalade rolling that has been sitting in a garage for quite a few years. It needed a new Abs module installed as it was throwing errors like crazy. after placing the new (used) abs module in, the errors and big stop warning that once appeared seem to have disappeared, but now I’m left with a service stability and ABS light on. The weird thing is that no actual errors appear when scanning. I’m using scanXL and another software that came with my tool to no extent of a actual error code. I wanted to see if anyone had ideas of what may cause this or could point me in a direction? I plan to change the wheel bearings just because they’re the originals and if it’s anything like my CTS, may help. Just thought it was odd to have a ABS light on with no error code.

·
Registered
2003 Escalade
125 Posts
It could very well be the ABS sensors which are part of the front hubs. If you were going to change them anyways, just get a quality pair like Timkens or Moogs that come with the new sensor.

·
Registered
2004 CTS - 245K
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It could very well be the ABS sensors which are part of the front hubs. If you were going to change them anyways, just get a quality pair like Timkens or Moogs that come with the new sensor.
Right on, I will give it a go. Hopefully she is rolling again soon. Appreciate the advice.

·
Registered
2006 Escalade AWD w/DiabloSport tuner,Jet Performance throttle body/MAF,Airaid MIT
1,280 Posts
Hi all,

trying to help my parents get a 02 Escalade rolling that has been sitting in a garage for quite a few years. It needed a new Abs module installed as it was throwing errors like crazy. after placing the new (used) abs module in, the errors and big stop warning that once appeared seem to have disappeared, but now I’m left with a service stability and ABS light on. The weird thing is that no actual errors appear when scanning. I’m using scanXL and another software that came with my tool to no extent of a actual error code. I wanted to see if anyone had ideas of what may cause this or could point me in a direction? I plan to change the wheel bearings just because they’re the originals and if it’s anything like my CTS, may help. Just thought it was odd to have a ABS light on with no error code.
From what I read about the issue it seems that new front wheel bearing hubs will solve the issue due to the speed sensors. Weird, that no trouble code is provided when the ABS sensors are bad; just the ABS warning light.

Like mention above, Timkins or Moog are the best long lasting aftermarket options. I only use Timkins wheel bearings(its their specialty) in my cars. I use Moog Problem Solvers for nearly everything else suspension related.

Note: The 2002 Cadillac have a third wheel sensor(monitors both rear wheels) that fails on the transmission or on the transfercase if you have AWD.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts