Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How’s it going guys, my 02 Escalade 6.0 has been acting funny. Everytime I start it up and shift into either drive or reverse the truck will slow down like if a drag is being put on the motor and a weird noise will come from it without fail. It is sometimes not bad, sometimes it will stop the entire truck. After it does it, it won’t do it again until I shut it off and turn it back on.

For example, I start the truck, shift into drive and I hit anywhere from 10-20mph it could be a slight slow down as if I’m on the breaks all the way to entirely stopping the truck.

I brought it to my tranny guy and he’s not entirely sure what it could be. Anyone had this happen before? I’m thinking it could be possibly the Air Ride ? ABS Problem ? I’m not sure but it’s bothering the hell out of me and I’d rather have it fixed before it gets worse !

Any help would be greatly appreciated !!

·
Registered
02 Escalade,96 Aurora,with Shelby engine
561 Posts
do you have any ABS codes?
I had a freak one happen to my S10 Blazer
It felt like someone rear ended me at a stop light when I took off
looked in my mirror and guy wasnt even close,went about 200 ft and it did it again.
Turns out the lining in emergency brake fell apart and stuck in the drum.
I had a heck of a time getting the rotor off,and when i did chunks of brake lining fell out.
you have the same setup with the parking/emergency brake being a drum inside the rear rotor.

·
Registered
02' EXT
269 Posts
How’s it going guys, my 02 Escalade 6.0 has been acting funny. Everytime I start it up and shift into either drive or reverse the truck will slow down like if a drag is being put on the motor and a weird noise will come from it without fail. It is sometimes not bad, sometimes it will stop the entire truck. After it does it, it won’t do it again until I shut it off and turn it back on.

For example, I start the truck, shift into drive and I hit anywhere from 10-20mph it could be a slight slow down as if I’m on the breaks all the way to entirely stopping the truck.

I brought it to my tranny guy and he’s not entirely sure what it could be. Anyone had this happen before? I’m thinking it could be possibly the Air Ride ? ABS Problem ? I’m not sure but it’s bothering the hell out of me and I’d rather have it fixed before it gets worse !

I have the same issue but mine throws the stability system light with code. BPMV

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2006 Escalade AWD w/DiabloSport tuner,Jet Performance throttle body/MAF,Airaid MIT
1,619 Posts

My "guess" is that it could be front differential related, however my guess or anyone else on this forum is not going to be as good as the transmission mechanic who actually put eyes on the problem.

What did the transmission guy think the problem may be since you mentioned that he was not "entirely" sure what it was? Seems like he has an idea of what the problem could be.

·
Registered
02' EXT
269 Posts
Can you please post a picture of the code and the message?
Mpa bleed code. I don't have it. Troubleshooting past the mpa calls to the Brake Pressure Modulator Valve also known as the abs pump. Have a look through the operation of this and learn about the pump purging air around 8 - 10mph. The system runs a test at that speed and if it fails the stability light comes on. I can hear the pump sound, and my truck will slow down as if the brakes are being applied.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
02 Escalade,96 Aurora,with Shelby engine
561 Posts
can you (safely) put all 4 wheels in the air ,go slow and see if the brakes do indeed apply at 8-10mph?

·
Registered
3 Posts

try turning off the Traction control button.. see if it goes away..
mine was doing the same thing, and when i turned off the traction control, it became a normal truck again.. but every time you need to turn it off.. which doesnt solve the problem, but isolates it to the truck thinking you are on ice, so it turns the throttle down... now to troubleshoot why it is doing that.. i dont have codes, but i have to dig further on why it is getting this message on the DIC

1 - 8 of 8 Posts