Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The company I work for has a 2002 Escalade AWD with the 6.0 engine. The main modification done to the car is that it was s t r e t c h e d about 180" to become the FIRST AND (so far) ONLY ESCALADE LIMO IN THE ST LOUIS AREA!! It has quickly become our most popular vehicle. So popular, the boss man is considering another one the first of next year! I LOVE IT!! I get PAID to drive these things!!
Anyhow, on to why I'm here!! We have 2 main problems:

1.) The "Service Stability System" warning on the message indicator is always on...it's been to the dealer & they can't find anything wrong with the system. The coachbuilder (limo builder) has looked at it & can't find any wires pinched or grounded out or anything HE did to cause it.

2.) The engine idles WAY too low. At least for OUR purposes, it does. According to the factory tach, it's idling at about 500 RPMs. Sometimes a little higher, sometimes a little lower. It probably wouldn't be a problem if this was a "regular" Escalade, but since it's a Limo, it often idles for long periods of time. The A/C becomes warm after a very short time. The dealer has looked at this also & tells me that the idle is computer controlled & there's no way to change it. That sounds ridiculous to me...there almost HAS to be a way to adjust it. If you know, PLEASE let ME know!

Hope this wasn't too long!! Thanks in advance!!

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Sounds like the dealer is giving you the runaround. Have you taken it to another dealership?

·
Registered
13,353 Posts
I know the idle can be adjusted with the Preditor, so the dealer can adjust the idle with their Scan Tool II, as said I would find another dealership, some are better than others

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Idle Problems

I haven't taken it to another DEALER, but I DID take it to our mechanic, who has a cool new Scan Tool (not sure what it's really called!) He DID idle it up, but when the car is restarted, it resets the idle circuit & it goes back to the low idle.:bonkers: The boss man tried a Nickel under the accelerator, but had the same result.:disappoin I found the website for the Predator, but I'm not sure the boss wants to shell out over $400 just to idle up a car. Still open for suggestions! Thanks!

·
...Reloaded
1,698 Posts
Re: Idle Problems

GumbyClayman said:
I found the website for the Predator, but I'm not sure the boss wants to shell out over $400 just to idle up a car. Still open for suggestions!
Tell the boss it will improve the mileage and efficiency...usually works on my boss, um, wife...

·
Registered
13,353 Posts
Re: Idle Problems

GumbyClayman said:
I haven't taken it to another DEALER, but I DID take it to our mechanic, who has a cool new Scan Tool (not sure what it's really called!) He DID idle it up, but when the car is restarted, it resets the idle circuit & it goes back to the low idle.:bonkers: The boss man tried a Nickel under the accelerator, but had the same result.:disappoin I found the website for the Predator, but I'm not sure the boss wants to shell out over $400 just to idle up a car. Still open for suggestions! Thanks!

The GM Scan Tool II will hold the settings, your mechanic may have used an engine Analyzer that can change the idle but not change the prom in the computer.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
4 Participants
hcvone