Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2002 Eldorado Touring Coupe &1999 Eldorado Destroyed by Tim Carroll/CCC
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, the plastic part of my dipstick where the o ring sits on, broke off. Fortunately, the bend in the dipstick stopped it from falling into my oil pan. Now trying to find a replacement dipstick part no: 12557875 is discontinued and no longer for sale. I haven't been able to find one on car-part.com, ebay or amazon. The Deville dipstick is still available to purchase part no: 12560197 but is listed as not compatible with the Eldorado -- despite having the same engine.

Does anyone know if this is actually the same dipstick? Any other advice?

Thanks!

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
67,254 Posts
www.cadillacheaven.com ?

IF - if - the dipstick tube was not redesigned/bent for the Eldorado 2000 - 2002 engines I see no reason that a dipstick for a same-year Seville or Deville would not work. Find one at a junkyard and do some side-by-side comparisons. hell - even if you had to make your own marks.

The recommended 7.5 quarts puts the correct level right in the middle 3 Xs - NOT at the top of the hashmark.

·
Registered
2002 Eldorado Touring Coupe &1999 Eldorado Destroyed by Tim Carroll/CCC
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I just attempted to send them a message through their "Request a part" feature but I am getting the following message: "There was an error trying to send your message. Please try again later." I guess I'll try again early next week.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts