Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2002 Cadillac Eldorado
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to remove the covers from the lights in the headliner...cant get these things off to save my life....transitioning to LEDs throughout the entire car...and this is a big setback. Any insight is greatly appreciated thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
I could use that help as well, in fact any tips or tricks a 1st time caddy owner should know! They blow up real good, Northstar gaskets ECT...bought a 2001 standard DeVille in great shape just past 100k at 108 and still running strong, no smoke, clean oil and coolant and dry underneath. I'm hoping to get a good year out of it as my grocery getter and 2mile commuter. Just throwing this out there but would appreciate any tips that you guys may have regarding customization replacing lights first thing I should do preventive maintenance wise ECT. Pretty good community here?
DeBong

·
Registered
2002 Cadillac Eldorado
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a 2002 Cadillac eldorado and I'm in the process of changing lights over to LEDs...but if your water pump tensioner didnt go out yet it wouldn't be a bad idea to put a new puller and belt....mine tried to overheat when the pulley locked up on me...should cost less than 50 dollars or so and it well worth the peace of mind

·
Registered
2002 Cadillac Eldorado
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So I have a 2002 Cadillac Eldorado I want to change the lights on the ceiling I will eventually change all of them but do you know how to get the bulbs out of there? Please help

·
Registered
2013 CTS Luxury, 1998 Eldorado ETC Crimson Pearl
627 Posts
Are you referring to the map lights on the edges of the headliner?

·
Registered
2002 Cadillac Eldorado
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I need to know how to pop those off...the ones on the headliner I'm switching to leds.

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
70,326 Posts
Moderator EDIT: Several threads and posts from the same member on the same subject have been merged into one thread on one subject. All y'all can sort it out.

02ElDo, please let one thread on this subject work for you. Dtredging up dead threads and posting the same question multiple times will not get you any quicker or more accurate replies. Thanks.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Okay thanks but have you personally changed those lights before?
Yes.. I changed all the lighting in my 98 Eldo.
I posted the information in the the original thread you found.
For the map lights, you pop the cover off along the long side of it, not on the end.
You start with one side of it, (I would suggest popping off bottom side of it first) then it will come off.
You can use a wide blade screwdriver but i would suggest investing in a set of interior panel tools.
I got mine at Harbor Freight for about $6. They're plastic and have the right tips and angles to give you the leverage to carefully remove interior parts without damaging them.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Here's a link to the original thread where I posted information on how to swap them along with other bulbs..
It's #147 that I posted.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts