Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I’m super excited because I’m about to buy my first caddy. I’m making this thread to try to gain some genius internet friends because chances are I’m going to need help. And I like memes and I appreciate older things in life.
About the car
2002 ECT
50k miles
Interior is trashed
Mechanically I don’t know but on the test drive I’m going to punch it’s balls off
ITS A FREAKING CADILLAC

thanks for any help I’ll post an update as soon as I get it also please post name suggestions (funny/bada**)

·
Super Moderator
2003 Deville Base
4,792 Posts
Welcome to the forums! When you get it, be sure to post pix. btw, I think it's ETC, not ECT

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Watch the temperature gauge. How is the interior trashed at such low miles?
Long story short; guy who owns it also owns a sex shop. I thought the same thing but the headliner is fine and it’s just the back seats that are trashed

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Checked it out today. Here’s a check of my check. I didn’t get to test drive it but I am this Friday and I can’t wait. I revved it today and yeeeeze that was nice. So nice.
1. start car
2. Check temp gauge and then look over cosmetics
The gauge went to the middle and stayed there. I gave it some gas for 45 seconds to a minute and the gauge bumped a little and went back to dead even.
3. luke go nuts: he checked the suspension and told me the muffler link (where the metal bar from the muffler attaches to the car) was messed up. That’s it
4. Well besides the paint being faded and the fiber glass roof showing... I think it’s a solid car
5. Car is still running for about 20 minutes, rev rev rev... dead even

i have plans to do my thing to it so I’ll post pictures when it’s lookin nice

also for the name I’m letting someone pick it unless it sucks and I’ll name it something cool

·
Master of the Dark Art of Diagnostics
2003 DHS - two-2002 DHS, 2003 SLS, 1995 Sedan DeVille, 1989 Coupe DeVille
19,254 Posts
Hi I’m super excited because I’m about to buy my first caddy. I’m making this thread to try to gain some genius internet friends because chances are I’m going to need help. And I like memes and I appreciate older things in life.
About the car
2002 ECT
50k miles
Interior is trashed
Mechanically I don’t know but on the test drive I’m going to punch it’s balls off
ITS A FREAKING CADILLAC

thanks for any help I’ll post an update as soon as I get it also please post name suggestions (funny/bada**)
============================
there are TWO models of Eldorado -
ESC - Eldorado Sport Coupe - normal engine/trans/suspension -
ETC - Eldorado Touring Coupe - higher HP engine / higher gear ratio trans / electronic suspension -

the ETC model Eldo has the stiff FE3 springs and sway bars -
along with the ASTRONOMICALLY EXPENSIVE - F45 - electronic struts and shocks - and 9000 other sensors -

BEFORE you buy it - do YOURSELF - and your WALLET - a BIG favor -

check for DTC's - Diagnostic Trouble Codes -
if you don't know how - go here -

post any codes you have -
ALONG WITH THEIR DEFINITIONS -

include whether they are C-Current or H-History -

for code definitions - go here -

========================

do a BLOCK TEST - google it -
it tests for failed head gaskets - which the Northstar engine is famous for -
the cost to repair the head gaskets runs around $2500 and $3000 -

CAREFULLY look for engine oil leaks -
these are actually a LOT more common than failed head gaskets -
and in MANY cases - EQUALLY as expensive to fix -

IF you see the code P0741 or P1860 -
and you live in an area WITH emissions testing or inspections -
you WILL need the transmission rebuilt - around $2500 to $3000 -

IF you see any C17## codes pointing to failed dampers - shocks and struts -
these are also VERY expensive - between $500 and $750 - EACH -
IF you can even find new replacements -
those parts were DISCONTINUED - MANY years ago -

=====================

we have a couple sayings:
1. old Cadillacs are REALLY cheap to buy -
and REALLY expensive to own and drive -

2. only RICH PEOPLE can afford to own and drive old Cadillacs -

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Welcome to the forums! When you get it, be sure to post pix. btw, I think it's ETC, not ECT
Yeah ETC looks right. I’m not posting pictures until I do my thing to it lol. I don’t want to spoil my vision but I want to tell you so bad. USA!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Bought it! I plan on flipping it but that’s after paint and a couple little things get fixed. Please ask questions about it and I will gladly answer

·
Registered
1992 Seville, 2002 Eldorado ETC
80 Posts
Already plan on flipping it huh? Give it a chance, you might fall in love with it. Not just saying it, but they really don't make cars like that anymore.

Nasty interior is easy to clean up with a little bit of elbow grease and maybe an ozone treatment.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts