01 Eldo ETC, 02 Deville SOLD!
1,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
2008 SRX-V8, 1991 Eldorado
1,543 Posts
Good question???
I ran the VIN and the VIN is for a 2002 Eldorado ETC. I don't belileve the picture on eBay is a 2002? I thought the shifter had the step pattern as opposed to the straight line pattern shown in the pictures. I could be mistaken about that, as I do not have a genuine 2002 Eldorado to compare.
We do have some expert members in the forum that have the actual production numbers of the color options ordered. I have seen them here in the Cadillac Forums but don't know where or I would post it.
It is also my opinion that the "Collector" Eldorado's were the only ones available in red or white. That was durning the final
'spring" run for 2002

·
Banned
1995 ETC, 75 Deville, Cad500 powered 73 Apollo, 94 Mark VIII
7,971 Posts
The Collector series was done in 02 but not all 02 are collector series as far as I know.

·
Banned
2005 STS4 1SG: GM Acc Lights, Corsa, Platnium Grille, Volant
15,987 Posts
Dave is right only the SE (special edition) ones were painted with that color (it was an option). Just like the 35the anniversary Camaro was red with checked flag stripes all 2002s were the last year but not all got the SE package.

·
Registered
1998 Eldorado ELC
112 Posts
Hello JimHare
Here's what I found on your 2002 Eldorado color question:

Caddy manufactured the final 1,596 Eldos in three batches: 532 red ones, then 532 whites, then red again. Red and white were the original's abbreviated palette of exterior color choices, and 532 is how many 1953 models were built.
Those Eldos were specially equipped, dubbed Collector Series cars and priced $2,395 more than the next-most-expensive version.
I have a 1998 Black ESC which I really enjoy.
RDH

·
Registered
1999 White Diamond ETC
2,538 Posts
davesdeville is correct, as usual.

I'm looking at the 2002 Eldorado brochure, and here are the available colors:

Sterling, sable black, cashmere, crimson pearl, and white diamond.

The "ETC Collector's Series:"

Aztec Red and Alpine White Interior had special treatment too, the Aztec Red had black/torch red accents with carbon fibre in lieu of the zebrano, and the alpine white also had bi-color interiour: neutral shale/oatmeal along with a different, very beautiful wood (eucaliptus, possibly).

·
Registered
01 Eldo ETC, 02 Deville SOLD!
1,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok, so that clears it up...there ARE Black 2002 Eldorados, then....even BLACK 2002 ETCs

·
Registered
2002 axtex red eldorado collector series, 2006 CTS
26 Posts
does anyone know how many of each color were built in 2002? i have a black 02 etc. also anyone know how to calculate a build date for one? thanks garys 02 etc.

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
68,436 Posts
You can figure out the build date by plugging in your VIN here: http://www.compnine.com/vid.php
Another zombie thread, but a good catch because CompNine was not available in 2005.............

The build date is on the driver's door sticker.

.........and, in the CompNine site, by doing a bit of sleuthing way down in the "All RPO's" offered in that year, you can find the build numbers of each paint color. The first few sets of numbers in a particular year will give you the total cars built.

Curious, but for the 2002 STS run there were 23 "Crimson King" and 100 "Yellow" cars, as well as a few other oddball colors. My STS is 86U - Crimson Pearl, - and is one of 1,044 that color, that year. 11,440 built, so that color was only on 9% of 2002's.

·
Registered
2002 axtex red eldorado collector series, 2006 CTS
26 Posts
submariner 409 , wow that was some great info. thanks! i found the build date and option list for my 02 eldo etc. can you tell me where i can find out how many black 02 eldo etc were made , and maybe how many cars were made with the other options my car came with. i did read the other day and was surprised to find out that in 02 there were only 2638 total eldos made . was also wondering where i could find out just what the sticker price was mfor my car. i dont have the original sticker.

thanks again. garys 02 2tc.

·
Registered
not anymore 2007 Lexus ES350
7,700 Posts
Another zombie thread, but a good catch because CompNine was not available in 2005.............

The build date is on the driver's door sticker.

.........and, in the CompNine site, by doing a bit of sleuthing way down in the "All RPO's" offered in that year, you can find the build numbers of each paint color. The first few sets of numbers in a particular year will give you the total cars built.

Curious, but for the 2002 STS run there were 23 "Crimson King" and 100 "Yellow" cars, as well as a few other oddball colors. My STS is 86U - Crimson Pearl, - and is one of 1,044 that color, that year. 11,440 built, so that color was only on 9% of 2002's.
wow i have never seen a yellow Seville 98-04 k body

·
Registered
2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP), 1972 Sedan Deville
26,323 Posts
submariner409;2682243A said:
and 100 "Yellow" cars, as well as a few other oddball colors.
So would those have been toe 100 fastest FWD taxis around in '02?

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
68,436 Posts
can you tell me where i can find out how many black 02 eldo etc were made , and maybe how many cars were made with the other options my car came with.
Read post #10 again: If you enter your ETC's VIN into the CompNine site you'll get the RPO list for your ETC. Now scroll way down to the "All RPO's offered for year XXXX" list and do some searching - eventually you'll find the numbers of each color ETC made that year.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts