Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Eldorado 2002 ETC
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So about 4 days ago I filled my gas tank of my 2002 eldorado etc to full and today on my way to work the car started to tremble badly and went dead on me in the middle of traffic.I don't run the car much because its about 20 miles from my home to work which is roughly about 170 miles per 4 days(40 miles here and back to work ) a week so it surprised me how the car died on me so fast when it didn't even reach 250 miles . the problem is the fuel gauge does not work and i need to get it fixed . I know for a fact the procedure of getting it fixed is going to be somewhat costly and time consuming because they have to remove the gas tank. what would be the best method and how much of price range would be correct ...i don't want to get overpriced for the labor etc.

any help would be appreciated .thanks

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
68,441 Posts
2002 ? Not sure for the Eldorado - but look under the trunk carpet - the area in front of the spare tire well. Is there a plate there with 4 or 6 sheet metal screws through it ? If so, it's the fuel pump module removal hatch - 1 hour start to finish.

Replace the whole assembly - level sensor and all. Airtex, Delco, DELPHI, UltraPower in your vehicle section of Rock Auto.

Pull your trouble codes and see if there's a fuel system fault code(s) set.

Attachments

·
Registered
HAD a miserable Catera and even worse 2003 STS
603 Posts
Get rid of the car now before your money gets burned faster than the fuel in your car. :)

·
Registered
HAD a miserable Catera and even worse 2003 STS
603 Posts
Mods please issue infraction to rodnok. I wS offering my opinion just like everyone else. That is not trolling.

·
Registered
2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP), 1972 Sedan Deville
26,323 Posts
An infraction for??

Your post had nothing to do with the OPs problem. The thread is not titled "Should I sell my car".

·
Registered
2001 El Dorado ESC
7 Posts
My 2001 ESC has shut down on me and I found the fuel pump fuse wasn't making good contact. I think my fuse holder isn't good and tight the way it should be. Check your fuse before you spend major bucks. Good luck.

·
Registered
98 DeVille, 97 DeVille d'Elegance
7,345 Posts
My 2001 ESC has shut down on me and I found the fuel pump fuse wasn't making good contact. I think my fuse holder isn't good and tight the way it should be. Check your fuse before you spend major bucks. Good luck.
Now that's a good suggestion, one wouldn't normally look at a loose fuse.

·
Registered
2001 El Dorado ESC
7 Posts
Now , every time I turn the key on , I listen for the "growl" in the rear of the car, if I don't hear it, I know the car won't start. I've had to pull the fuse and re-insert it about four times now, finally changed the fuse and it seems like that may have cured it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts