Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
2002 Eldorado ECS
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2002 Eldorado Collector Series that belonged to my father. He has passed and I have been trying to get an accurate value for the car so I can sell it. It is the Aztec red color and has 1550 miles on it. Dad didn't drive it much. It has always been garaged and covered when not on the road. Is this really a $10,000 to $14,000 car? I have the paperwork when he bought it and he paid $48,000 for it. Maybe there is no collector value to these.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Jim

·
Registered
1996 Eldorado
2,814 Posts
I think it has more value than that.

That almost doesn't count as odometer miles.
The car is basically still new.

You can command any price for that car.
Finding the right buyer is the trick.

If selling look into consigning it with an in pocket minimun of 25K
and see who bites or still is interested enough to negotiate.

The car is only 10 yrs old but is desirable by many & will age like wine.
Keeping the miles low is critical to getting an above average price

Gee wizz its only had a couple tanks of gas ran though it!

·
Registered
'14 ATS Premium with 3 pedals | Past: '13 ATS Performance & '99 Seville STS
5,847 Posts
Post the pictures. Couple of folks here have been looking for a nice and clean Eldo collector series.

·
Registered
2006 STS V Tango int
2,341 Posts
Pics pics pics pics lol this thing should mint showroom condition.....but why are you selling it the car was your fathers, its a collectible, super low miles, he obviously wanted this specific edition I could go on for reasons not to sell it, unless your extremely hurting for money don't sell

·
Registered
not anymore 2007 Lexus ES350
7,705 Posts
pics pics pics
but im with the others dont sell it if you are not hurting for money that is one special car i bet its probably the lowest mile one out there
just keep it in a heated and cooled good treated garage take care of it keep it shining take it for a spin every few months you will fall in love and it will be your collector dream car i bet

·
Registered
2006 STS V Tango int
2,341 Posts
I don't care if you never liked cadillacs or w/e this car will make any true automobile enthuisist fall In love

·
Registered
1999 DeVille, 2002 DeVille
4,175 Posts
There is an '02 Eldo Collector's series on eBay, (last one sold to the public) with far more miles than that and the bid was at 35k last time I looked.

·
Registered
1996 Eldorado
2,814 Posts
There is an '02 Eldo Collector's series on eBay, (last one sold to the public) with far more miles than that and the bid was at 35k last time I looked.
That Ebay car is lacking appeal due to having miles on it & the unrealistic price. The hood with 200 UAW worker signatures has zero value and is a flaw IMO.
Now that I think about it the hood insulator pad is missing.

·
Registered
2002 Eldorado ECS
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That Ebay car is lacking appeal due to having miles on it & the unrealistic price. The hood with 200 UAW worker signatures has zero value and is a flaw IMO.
Now that I think about it the hood insulator pad is missing.
That car has been on Ebay before or a long time. I believe it's located in Fallon Nevada. Has to be the same one. Somewhere I saw a price of $55,000 I think for the car.

·
Registered
7,705 Posts
wow now that looks just HOTTTTTTTTTT

from the looks of pic number 5 you are very low on gas you might want to keep it filled up atleast above 1/2 tank to keep the gas needle from ever going bad
would really be sad for a ride with that many low miles to end up with a bad fuel level sensor that would suck
but yeah keep here dont sell her

·
Registered
7,705 Posts
That car has been on Ebay before or a long time. I believe it's located in Fallon Nevada. Has to be the same one. Somewhere I saw a price of $55,000 I think for the car.
i think when it firtt went up for sale on ebay they where trying tog et liek 65 or 75k for it

·
Registered
2006 STS V Tango int
2,341 Posts
its definitly mint i wouldnt sell it for anything but i'd sure pay out the a** for it if i was rich............. oh and DROOL.....

·
Registered
2002 Aztec Red Collector Edition Eldorado
40 Posts
I just bought mine back in May for $11,500, it has 35,000 miles on it and is PERFECT! The previous owner kept all of the paper work including the bill of sale! I agree with the other people that have posted don't sell it unless you have to. What you have is SPECIAL, don't sell it.

·
Registered
2002 Eldorado ECS
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well I got her transferred to my name and insured her. Took her for a trip to Reno which is 85 miles from home. She drives like a dream. Even gets good mileage at 23.5 average for the trip and driving in Reno traffic. Might take it to Novato this weekend. Probably will heed the advise and keep her.

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
71,689 Posts
Sometime yesterday, change the oil and filter (regardless of how clean it looks), use exactly 7.5 quarts of whatever 5W-30 oil floats your boat. Filter-wise, I like the WIX 51522 or NAPA Gold Fil1522. Do the same for the coolant, brake fluid, and transmission fluid. (Yes, you read it right......) Better yet, have a Cadillac dealer do it as part of a special package. Then you have a service data base and an invoice. My guess is that your local dealer will wet their collective pants when this car rolls into the service lane. (On the face of things, this car has been in standby storage for 9 years. I'll guarantee that the tires are dry-rotted - be careful. Tiny sidewall cracks ?)

Start studying in here and DO NOT get paranoid with head gasket horror stories and snake oil "recommendations". The car, gasoline, transmission and engine DOES NOT need any extra additive assistance. The engine is calibrated to run on 87 octane gasoline. Read the entire owner's manual - 3 times. You won't need spark plugs (no wires involved) for 8 years. I'll bet the engine has the original DENSO plugs in it - exact same plug as the replacement AC Delco [DENSO] #41-987.

Nice acquisition, but bittersweet.

·
Registered
2006 STS V Tango int
2,341 Posts
Good to hear your keeping it! And please please don't put any aftermarket stereo, rims or air intake garbage on it

1 - 20 of 57 Posts