Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2002 Cadillac Eldorado 2006 Cadillac DTS
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2002 eldorado ETC, the AC is blowing cold out of the passenger side vents only. Haven't brought it to my mechanic yet. Anyone have any ideas what the problem may be?

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
87,180 Posts
Pull the DTC's. If you do not have a code for an air mix door actuator you're low on refrigerant. That is a common symptom of low refrigerant on a dual zone system.

·
Registered
2001 Eldorado, 2003 Escalade EXT, & 1996 Sedan DeVille
33 Posts
My 2001 Eldorado has the same problem - I have an ACM 1341 code, indicating the right air temperature actuator is receving too much or not enough voltage. Its my understanding that the glove box has to be removed to access the actuator, and tonight I plan on pulling it to check voltages. If you have the same problem I do, the actuator is around $120 to $140 if its the same part number.

·
Registered
2002 Cadillac Eldorado 2006 Cadillac DTS
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I pulled the DTC's I have the ACM 1340 and ACM 1341. Which are for Air mix door 1 and 2. Let me know how the fix goes tonight.

·
Registered
2001 Eldorado, 2003 Escalade EXT, & 1996 Sedan DeVille
33 Posts
Just to let you know...tonight I finally got a chance to check out the actuator. I don't have the money to just dump $70 to $140 per actuator so I wanted to first check voltages and ground - all checked good. I also connected my driver's side actuator (the one on the bottom) to the passenger electrical connector and made sure it worked as commanded - I could see it change positions as the passenger temperature control was adjusted. I've put the passenger actuator on order.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts