Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, my name is Vinnie Capobianco and I have a 2002 El Dorado ETC Collectors series. I've had the car for almost 6 years and love it! I only have 57,389 miles on it. It's garaged all winter and brought out in the summer or very nice spring or early fall weather. I need to replace the right front wheel. My son was driving it an dhit a curb with it and scuffed up the rim pretty bad. I've all over the interenet and can't find a used rim, or aplace that repairs chrome wheels. I live in New Hamphire and there is no place around here that can help. If anyone has any information or ideas of anyplace that can repair or replace it would be much appreciated.

Hope everyone is staying safe & Healthy!

Thanks,

Vinnie Capobianco

·
Registered
2000 Eldorado ETC
34 Posts
Hi, my name is Vinnie Capobianco and I have a 2002 El Dorado ETC Collectors series. I've had the car for almost 6 years and love it! I only have 57,389 miles on it. It's garaged all winter and brought out in the summer or very nice spring or early fall weather. I need to replace the right front wheel. My son was driving it an dhit a curb with it and scuffed up the rim pretty bad. I've all over the interenet and can't find a used rim, or aplace that repairs chrome wheels. I live in New Hamphire and there is no place around here that can help. If anyone has any information or ideas of anyplace that can repair or replace it would be much appreciated.

Hope everyone is staying safe & Healthy!

Thanks,

Vinnie Capobianco
Hi Vinnie - I put different wheels on my 2000 ETC, and still have the factory rims in my garage. I haven't looked at them in awhile so I can't attest to their exact condition, but would be willing to sell them as a set if you're interested. They still have the old tires on them, but the tires are shot/worthless. I'll attach an old pic of them - let me know if you're interested. Shipping would be from Wisconsin.

Attachments

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
69,502 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Doesa anyone know where I can get a new or sed 2002 El Dorado rim? It's an ETC Collector's series. Haven't had much luck on the internet.

Thanks,

Vinnie

·
Administrator
69,502 Posts
VINNIE, Please let this thread in the correct Seville/Eldorado forum work for you. Vehicle questions do not belong in the Lounge. Thanks.

Have you come back here and read the replies to your first thread ? www.wheelcollision.com does not have that wheel but asks if you will send pictures - they rebuild chrome wheels. $$$

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi Vinnie - I put different wheels on my 2000 ETC, and still have the factory rims in my garage. I haven't looked at them in awhile so I can't attest to their exact condition, but would be willing to sell them as a set if you're interested. They still have the old tires on them, but the tires are shot/worthless. I'll attach an old pic of them - let me know if you're interested. Shipping would be from Wisconsin.
Hi Geoff,

Thanks for replying. So I need to make sure that your rims will fit my 2002 ETC. I'll get back to you. What would you be asking for the rims?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
His ECS - ECS - wheels are very different from yours. The ETC ECS was the last of the Eldorados - 1579 were built in the winter/spring of 2001 - 2002. They came in red or white.

Last El Dorado - Look into the 2020 catalog in www.wheelcollision.com. Bring money.

The wheel is a H4565 (Hollander number).
Hi, i appreciate your feedback. I called Wheel Collision Center. They do not have the rim and are looking for a used one for me. They said to repair the rim it would take 4-6 weeks and cost quite a bit of $$$$. Finger crossed that they can find a used one in good condition.

·
Premium Member
1997 ETC
4,952 Posts

Also, one thing you can do, is take brake cleaner to the areas between those spokes and reveal the chrome underneath too. Ask me how i know lol

·
Administrator
69,502 Posts
So the 2000 ETC rims won't fit my 2002 ETC? Is that what you are saying?
Never said that. Your chromed tapered smooth spoke wheels are a special edition just for the 1579 ECS ETC cars.

Any of the 1997 - 2004 Seville/deville/Eldorado wheels will fit - with the correct sized tire in order to maintain the original wheel/tire outside diameter - because several engine and speedo calibrations depend on that original tire outside diameter.

Original tires on the driver's door sticker, specs in www.tirerack.com.

·
Administrator
69,502 Posts
Even these 2003 CTS wheels will fit using a 235/55/17 H-rated tire. Your car is speed limited to 130 mph.

The original STS 17" flat facet spoke chrome wheels fit.

........ but they're not the original ECS 2002 wheels......

We all use a 5 X 115 bolt pattern, index on the center bore, high (48 mm) offset, 12 X 1.5 lug, 100 lb/ft lug nut torque.

(1)1 & 2 after polish.jpg

·
2002 ETC ECS
21 Posts
Vin, there is a place in n.j. that may be able to locate and ship, these wheels are hard to find. Try Lacey used auto parts They have a huge network 973-465-7553 You need to be specific for the ETC/ECS

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Vin, there is a place in n.j. that may be able to locate and ship, these wheels are hard to find. Try Lacey used auto parts They have a huge network 973-465-7553 You need to be specific for the ETC/ECS
Thank you for info! I'll give them call tomorrow.

Thanks,

Vin

·
Registered
02 Escalade | 02 Corvette "Goldilocks" | 03 Blazer 4x4 | 92 Caprice Wagon LS1/T56
19,737 Posts

This is from Car-Part.com. They seem to be the only yard that has the wheel available - but worth a phone call.

Good luck. Those are cool cars. Love the carbon fiber trim.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts