Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2002 DTS
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone I have a beautiful 2002 DTS. This car has been my pride and joy for the week I've had it so far haha. 2 Days ago it looked like it was leaking fluid, I brought it to the dealership and they said it was the water pump gasket and seals. They replaced them. Today I got into the car and a message appears on the dash to service tire monitor. I drove the car and about 5 min later the message disappeared and all was working with the tire pressure screen. Today I was driving it and while at a light I noticed the Temp dial was starting to move towards the H. It only went over one line but I never had a car where the needle even moved away from that center point. Well needless to say I called the dealer again and have an appointment for monday. I told them about the tire thing and the temp thing. The car has only 15,000. I paided a pretty good amt for it and it is under warrenty until 8/2006. Did I buy a lemmon or is this just a week of bad luck. I absoultly LOVE the car, I'm just nervous. Any thoughts, am I worried for nothing or could this be the start of more to come?

·
Registered
46 Posts
The dealer can reset the tire moniter with a magnet. No to sure about the temp but 01 DTS will move up about 1/2 a click and then move back down usually in Chicago traffic. It is something new though. If your car is certified they will fix it. I systematically replaced almost everything on the car during my warranty. I have 115,000 miles now and it's awesome, good luck to you.

·
Registered
02 DTS NightVision "Sled"; Waiting For The Coup
2,172 Posts
First, the TPS monitor is normal. What happens is when your tire is cold it is at its lowest pressure and that pressure is below what the TPS says you should have and it gives a low pressure warning. As you drive,the tire heats up and as a result the air pressure within the tire goes up turning off the TPS message.

Just add some air in your tire and it will be ok.

As for the water pump gasket, well thats a new one on me. Your engine has a very solid reputation and should not produce many problems, especially at that low milage.

You temp gage, well mine does the same thing... especially if Iwas driving it a little hard, but normally it stays right in the middle or quickly returns there after heating up (thermostat opens, engine temp comes down).

·
Registered
2002 DTS
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys, I feel like a nerotic with this car It was a treat to myself for working so hard and I guess Im a little wacky lol. My first car was 5 grand haha. Im calmer now and I'll bring it to the dealer on monday. THANKS!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts