Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2009 Escalade ESV
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i need some help guys.

i just got my hid lights & fogs from sharp hid today.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/sharp-hid/220669-just-ordered-my-2002-dts.html#post2490902

do i have to remove the entire light housing to change the headlights with the hid's?
how do i get to the fog lights to remove them and install my hid fogs?

i ask because this past weekend i wanted to change my amber turning signal and i couldnt find out how to remove the old bulb.

someone please help ASAP

·
Registered
none
62 Posts
i need some help guys.

i just got my hid lights & fogs from sharp hid today.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/sharp-hid/220669-just-ordered-my-2002-dts.html#post2490902

do i have to remove the entire light housing to change the headlights with the hid's?
how do i get to the fog lights to remove them and install my hid fogs?

i ask because this past weekend i wanted to change my amber turning signal and i couldnt find out how to remove the old bulb.

someone please help ASAP
Yes you do have to remove it completely but it is relatively simple. Couple of screws underneath the trim when you open the hood and out she comes.

·
Registered
2009 Escalade ESV
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thats what I thought.
What about the fog lights, how do I remove them?

Sent from my rooted Sprint EVO running RLS 5.

·
Registered
02 Deville DTS
72 Posts
There are three bolts holding the headlight in, there are two on top and one on the inside by the grill. Just look around for that one but make sure you take out three for each headlight housing.

When the headlight is off on the back side there are two plastic doors through these doors you can replace the bulbs in the housing. When the headlight is removed you will be able to access your fog lights and the lights that turns on when your turn signal is activated.

To install the HID bulbs you must drill a 1" hole on the door that covers the High and Low beam making sure to drill it in a location that gives you plenty of slack from the wires to the grommet.

When you plug in your new HID bulb in the housing switch the power wire around and hook it up backwards as it has a reversed polarity and will not work connecting them the "correct way". The rest of the external wiring gets connected regularly to the ballast.

·
Registered
2009 Escalade ESV
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There are three bolts holding the headlight in, there are two on top and one on the inside by the grill. Just look around for that one but make sure you take out three for each headlight housing.

When the headlight is off on the back side there are two plastic doors through these doors you can replace the bulbs in the housing. When the headlight is removed you will be able to access your fog lights and the lights that turns on when your turn signal is activated.

To install the HID bulbs you must drill a 1" hole on the door that covers the High and Low beam making sure to drill it in a location that gives you plenty of slack from the wires to the grommet.

When you plug in your new HID bulb in the housing switch the power wire around and hook it up backwards as it has a reversed polarity and will not work connecting them the "correct way". The rest of the external wiring gets connected regularly to the ballast.
huh.....drill a hole?
im no bob vila by any sorts.....im an electronic & sports junkie.

also do i take the hid's out of the outer plastic bulb that priotects them?
and what about that glass piece in front of the low beam light.....do i leave that intact?

·
Registered
02 Deville DTS
72 Posts
Yes the plastic casing must all come off and the put them in where the old bulbs came out no other modification needed other than the hole for the wires to pass throughand the grommet to fill the space. If you can't manage this on your own have some one who knows what they are doing before you do something you might regret.

·
Registered
2009 Escalade ESV
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm trying to install my hids now but what wires go to what?
Can someone help me out ASAP

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2009 Escalade ESV
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
On my fog lights, they are 880 lights......what do I plug the black and blue silver tips to?

They have no where to plug into.

·
Registered
2009 Escalade ESV
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok I got everything installed!
What a difference from the regular lights.

Only thing is my fogs aim too high. Any way to adjust the fog lights to hit the ground lower in front of me?

·
Registered
2002 Deville
5 Posts
I need help installing my hid kit on my 02 deville my kit didnt come with any relays i got dem to turn on but they will not cut off i had the power wire from te ballest goin to the posstive connection on the fuse box is that wrong please help

1 - 11 of 11 Posts