Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Escalade
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, it looks like my mom is going to be picking up a 2002 Deville DTS. It is pearl white with only 31,800 on the clock. The car has every option but the NAV screen. I would like to have this in the car as well. What do I have to do in order to have the NAV screen like in the picture? Where can I get one? Please help!

·
Registered
17 Posts
I got mine on EBAY for $700 and had it installed in my 2002 Deville. The unit was from a 2004 Seville, but it fits and runs like OEM. I did make the mistake of having my Cadillac dealer install it and paid $850. The antenna they sent with the unit wasn't long enough to reach the dash cover, or so the technician said, so I paid for a new one. I got the feeling either they didn't know what they were doing, or they were ticked I didn't buy a unit from them. Either way, one of their units would have run over $2000, so I saved a few hundred buying my own unit. At least that's what I tell myself. I don't know if anyone else can install it, as it has to be reprogrammed with VIN and other stuff.

Here's a link to a current auction
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CADILLAC-NAVIGATION-RADIO-SEVILLE-DEVILLE-GPS-DISK_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ38653QQitemZ8027633401QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

·
Registered
03 escalade
172 Posts
I bought one from the same place as rappaport for my 2002 Deville DTS- still having issues.
1) the anenna was too short
2) All night lights on the steering wheel went out
3) GPS system will not track properly. Has location, but points me due EAST no matter what. Voive guidance will not work in this fashion.
I'm sending it back for another one, hopefully the second one will work. The company is great to work with, I'd reccomend them. He offered me a refund (minus shipping) if the second one doesn't work.
btw- they have tons of these units, yet the description is always identical, as though it came out of the same 2004 Deville... Don't get in a bidding war, because it will just get relisted in a couple of days. I've seen 'em go for over $1000, or as little as $699.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey Guys- New to the forum,

Quick questions did you all have Nav already in the vehicle? I called my local dealer here in ABQ and they said that it would take alot of money (Thousands) if I didnt have oem nav? So I made the stupidest mistake of buying the pioneer AVIC D2 and im having a b*&%# of a time getting it installed. I've taken it to two places and they given me the runaround of some pac plug which supposedly no one seems to have? Thanks guys for any help!
-Jose.
Oh I Have 2002 Cadillac DTS W/ Bose and Onstar

·
Registered
03 escalade
172 Posts
No, I just have the Bose w/ 6 disc changer. I've decided against trying to figure out exactly what I need to make this venture succesfull (Stock GPS) I'd rather let someone else figure it out, as I just don't have the time. I was going to go w/ the Avic D-1, but after reading the above post, I'm not so sure. I have the Avic N-1 in my truck, and like it. I don't think I'd like a pop-up style in the Caddy, though.
If anyone has made the stock Nav unit work, I'd like to hear about it as well. I've givin up.

·
Registered
17 Posts
FYI..for anyone experiencing the loss of steering wheel and climate control lights after installing navigation..fuse 13 under the back seat is blown..it is a 10amp and will re-blow if replaced with same. I put in a 20amp and lights are back.

·
Registered
2001 ETC
520 Posts
a few of my sterring wheel lights are out as well, i didnt fiddle with my head unit at all though. Is that just a blown fuse? and si the fuse box located inder the rear seat?

·
Registered
17 Posts
fuse 13 is under the rear seat, driver side...it is an accessory fuse. If you have just some lights out on your steering wheel, you may have some blown bulbs...if the fuse was blown you'd have no lights at all.

·
Registered
2001 ETC
520 Posts
shit how do i fix those bulbs, goona be a hassle right? because my info toggle button is not lit and a couple others are dimming

·
Registered
17 Posts
To all those still experiencing issues with loss of steering wheel and dash lights after navigation install, I hopefully have the answer. I took my 02 Deville back to the dealer and after they did some research, found that the navigation unit has it's own supply/fuse to control the lights on the steering and dash. The problem was that they had connected the E5 wire connector (which controls the dash lights on a radio) to the back of the unit, as they would normally do with a regular radio install. Once they pulled this wire off and replaced the fuse, my lights are back.

·
Registered
03 escalade
172 Posts
Thanks for the heads up, rappaport. Do you know which spot on the harness is E5, or how to identify E5?:hmm:

·
Registered
03 escalade
172 Posts
Sent an e-mail fatboy03:cool2:

Thanks rappaport, I thought I'd remebered that as well. I Must be getting old:shhh:

·
Registered
03 escalade
172 Posts
Fatboy, thanks for the detailed instructions! I might need you again to hook up XM to my system. Is that something you might be able to do?

·
Registered
2003 DTS
143 Posts
jandrade15 said:
Hey Guys- New to the forum,

Quick questions did you all have Nav already in the vehicle? I called my local dealer here in ABQ and they said that it would take alot of money (Thousands) if I didnt have oem nav? So I made the stupidest mistake of buying the pioneer AVIC D2 and im having a b*&%# of a time getting it installed. I've taken it to two places and they given me the runaround of some pac plug which supposedly no one seems to have? Thanks guys for any help!
-Jose.
Oh I Have 2002 Cadillac DTS W/ Bose and Onstar
Find a place that KNOWS what their doing. I had the one on the bottom of the page (see link) installed in my '03 DTS and it works like a charm. And I didn't lose Onstar or anything else. And I can even play DVDS while MOVING.
http://kenweb1.kenwoodusa.com/KenwoodPortal/KenwoodAudio/PDF/Car_Excelon_2006.pdf

·
Registered
70 Posts
Tonyny, you have the Kenwood DDX8017 installed in your car? Do you have any pictures that you can post or email to me at [email protected]? Did you have to add anything else to get the navigation system in full operation? Did you have to purchase an installation kit to get things connected? Is this a changer or single cd?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts