Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2002 deville dhs 114000 miles changed the crankshaft sensors used new ac delco parts still stalls changed the iac a few weeks ago and the tps sensor on those I used after market parts...I have no idea what is causing the problem cleaned the throttle body a few weeks back..still no help..throws no codes runs great most of the time but does stall too often..its very frustrating with this I also need install a new lower motor mount bracket it cracked it seems..a new blower motor for the ac and a water pump though no leaking and its doing well but seems I hear a rattle in that area car runs great as far as I can tell the vac lines to egr are ok and not leaking has no codes..the stalling has to be fixed...ty blotto

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wonder if you may have an intermittently failing fuel pump.
well li replaced the fuel pump about two yrs ago wih airtex which I hear may have some problems..b seems to be getting fuel..without codes it seems hard find...ty

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
68,436 Posts
If you think you hear a rattle in the water pump drive area - FIX IT ! The water pump drive belt tensioner pulley is a common failure and if it seizes it takes some expensive and labor intensive stuff with it.

Remove the two 10mm nuts and the bolt holding the drive belt shroud and check the small pulley for slop and noise. ANY indication of that pulley bearing failing is "fixit now" warning.

The tensioner assembly is secured by the two long hex head studs that the shroud nuts came off of.

The pulley is available separately from the entire tensioner assembly - $24 for the pulley, $60 for the assembly.

RockAuto (your car model, year, "belt drive' - the small 3-rib pulley or assembly) if you can lay up the car for 6 days, NAPA if you want to fix it today.

Click a thumbnail to enlarge - use your browser <-- to back out.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,781 Posts
well li replaced the fuel pump about two yrs ago wih airtex which I hear may have some problems..b seems to be getting fuel..without codes it seems hard find...ty
The fuel pump is not monitored so you'll never see a related code. Fuel pressure is the only way to diagnose it.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I will get that looked at fast..I will probably replace the water pump thermostat and all that stuff an replace that map gasket plentum as well an do a sparkplug replace..still don't know if any of that will fix the stalling issue...today while checking a/c Freon it threw a P3000 code so this car is lots o fun ty blotto

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If you think you hear a rattle in the water pump drive area - FIX IT ! The water pump drive belt tensioner pulley is a common failure and if it seizes it takes some expensive and labor intensive stuff with it.

Remove the two 10mm nuts and the bolt holding the drive belt shroud and check the small pulley for slop and noise. ANY indication of that pulley bearing failing is "fixit now" warning.

The tensioner assembly is secured by the two long hex head studs that the shroud nuts came off of.

The pulley is available separately from the entire tensioner assembly - $24 for the pulley, $60 for the assembly.

RockAuto (your car model, year, "belt drive' - the small 3-rib pulley or assembly) if you can lay up the car for 6 days, NAPA if you want to fix it today.

Click a thumbnail to enlarge - use your browser <-- to back out.
I will get to this asap ty for the post and ty for the clear instructions and info..seems the p3000 code disappeared going to look at it in a few mins..again ty blotto

1 - 7 of 7 Posts