Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2002 Deville
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to identify this connector, in trying to check my transmission fluid I discovered this was disconnected. My baby has been driving horrible like it can’t pick up speed & service transmission message popped up yesterday I’m hoping this is the issue

Attachments

·
Registered
2002 Deville
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Would that cause power loss? Sorry I am not mechanically inclined, Would it cause the Service Transmission message?

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,319 Posts
I am not sure exactly what effect a bad MAP sensor would cause. It WILL trip the SES light, as it is an emission related sensor, but it WILL NOT trip a service trans message.

·
Registered
Alexandra - 96 SDV Clyde - 15 Silvy
6,357 Posts
Given the location and appearance of that I would venture a guess that the plug goes to the air ducting for the MAF sensor.

As for the Service Trans Message, sounds like time to get codes pulled.

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
67,210 Posts
The 2002 Deville in question uses a 5-pin MAF connector. 2 of those pins are for the integral IAT. (In the picture you're not looking at 2 pins - you're seeing the molded-in locator guides for the male plug) Look up 2002 Deville in Rock Auto - emissions section.

That 2-pin connector in the OP post looks like a MAP connector, but why is it over by the air filter box ?

....... and why the "service transmission" message ?

MAF front quarter.jpg
MAF end view.jpg

·
Registered
2001 eldorado,2008 DTS,2005 XLR, '96 eldo,'95 eldo,' 89 eldo,'78 eldo,'11CTS-V
1,611 Posts
Isn't there a 2 pin air temp thermistor in the airbox?

·
Administrator
67,210 Posts
RockAuto says it's in the MAF - like my Seville. You have a 2000s Deville there ?

·
2004 Deville
2004 Deville, Silver, Gone, but not forgotten, 1972 Eldorado, 1974 eldorado, 1975 CDV
619 Posts
Judging from the location of the pigtail, I would say that connector goes into the master cylinder fluid reservoir.The map sensor and tps both have a wider plug.

·
Registered
2005 Deville DTS
19 Posts
Judging from the location of the pigtail, I would say that connector goes into the master cylinder fluid reservoir.The map sensor and tps both have a wider plug.
jmrf1964 Is correct. It is the male plug for the master cylinder level sensor. It was most likely disconnected to bypass a faulty sensor or a stuck float.

·
Registered
2002 Deville
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Had my mechanic checkout out, he said that it was an extra connector? not sure why its an extra plug

·
Administrator
67,210 Posts
Look to see if the brake fluid level sensor is connected.............pop the hood.

It's on the master cylinder reservoir - in the engine compartment, on the firewall just over where your driver's left toes would point.

The level sensor connector plugs into the black thingy on the side of the translucent reservoir .........

Brake master cylinder.jpg

1 - 12 of 12 Posts