Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
deville
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
thank you for stopping by and helping me on this one i got a 2002 caddy deville that was running fineexcept on startup at times i felt it drag a little anyways i gave her a killer detail car was running during total clean up and detail moved car turned her off went to try to restart and nothing i figured the battery finally gave out i removed back seat put my 1300 cranking amp jumper and still nothing ...got lights just feels like no power getting to the starter i do hear the relays clickin when im trying to start..i was thinking maybe its the starter,i left the car alone for a couple of hours went back still nothing but decided to try to start in nuetral and heard a minor weak click sound and again nothing good lights radio horn all is ok..any ideas now i got a nice looking pearl deville super clean and it doesnt start...the car always started dirty lol any ideas or suggestions..is the starter hard to change on this 2002 deville????thank you for your time and help:tisk:

·
Super Moderator
2010 DTS
88,158 Posts
If it's the original battery it's 9 year old and doesn't owe you a dime. Chances are it has a dead cell. What is the static voltage and cranking voltage? You can show 12v static, but if it drops real low (like 9v) when you crank it, it has a dead cell. Also the lights will go real dim when you crank it with a dead cell.

·
Registered
deville
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thank you ranger for your input but i have had battery issues before and usally with my jumperbox i will get anything started???and this issue gots me kinda stummped lights dont go dim radio and controls stay lit as if there were no current at all getting to starter...the only minor click noise i heard was when i put car in nuetral to start with jumper without its the same result nothing but good lights...i heard the clicking of the of the fuse box relays next to battery with or without jumper i gues tomarrow im gonna revise the fuses and relays and check battery anyhow..i will keep you informed and thank you for your help and suggestions

·
Registered
'98 STS (RIP @ 206,xxx miles)
4,854 Posts
....is the starter hard to change on this 2002 deville????
Not really. Disconnect the battery chassis ground, bleed off the fuel pressure, disconnect the fuel plumbing, remove whatever you have to remove to lift the intake manifold.

I would buy a set of intake manifold gaskets when you buy the starter.

·
Registered
2001 deville dhs
14 Posts
Try checking yuor connection at the + cable hookup under the hood where you would hook to jump. I have seen these have loose connection, with random no starts. Ern

·
Registered
deville
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hi guys i figured it out ???? it was the starter the job not that bad to do i took my time on it idnt break anything and i replaced the intake gaskets the only issue i had was a fuel leak after the repair pesky oring injector starts like a champ a special thanks to all that helped me out and a great big thanks to caddy forum for pages and pages of good info...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts