Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I am having a problem with riduculus amount gurgling liquid noise from under my dash when I press the gas.

I checked the purge line and I have good flow, coolant level seems good. I am getting weak heat, and very weak at idle. I am thinkingit is blocked heater core.

I am thinking I should flush the heater core but by reversing the lines. Is it possible to due this, are the hoses long enough? I am not sure where the lines are, is it possible somebody can direct me in the right place with maybe some pictures?

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,783 Posts
The heater core is not clogged if you hear gurgling. That is a sign of air in the system.

If the purge line is clear, then you may have a failing HG that is putting "air" (exhaust gases) into the system.
Might want to do a block test.

·
Registered
1998 Seville STS, 2003 Deville
282 Posts
+1 on what Ranger says.

On my 01 Deville I had the gurgling sound for quite awhile before it finally started overheating.

I could drive it all day as long as I didn't go over 50 MPH or climb a big hill. Otherwise it would start to overheat immediately.

·
Registered
1992 Fleetwood S&S Hearse, 1993 Buick Roadmaster
567 Posts
I hope for your sake there's just a small leak somewhere letting coolant out and air in. I had that problem with my Roadmaster for a long time, and it was because of a series of pinhole leaks - a couple hoses, and finally, the radiator. Fixed those issues two summers ago, and no more gurgling or running hot.

·
Registered
2000 Deville
19 Posts
My 01 Deville did the exact same thing for over a year. I put my head in the sand and tried to convince myself that I didn't have leaky head gaskets. I tried all the different stop leaks, went through all the diagnostics, and probably even laid hands on it and prayed for it.

Eventually, I bit the bullet and contacted Northstar Performance for their awesome stud kit for the engine. With their kit installed with new gaskets, and after hours of flushing out all the stop leak from the system, I have a beautiful car that I can drive wide open for as long as I want..... And.... No more gurgling.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts