Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
2002 Deville base
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The rear windows have never worked in my deville one of them clicks when you press the button the other one doesn’t do anything.. anything I can do to fix this? I’m getting my windows tinted so need the windows to work

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
70,287 Posts
1995 - 2005 Deville rear windows are famous for problems with the regulators - lift/drop mechanisms. It's either broken cables/pulleys on the regulator itself or problems with the wiring harness where it leaves the door and enters the body - chafed wiring. Sometimes it's the door switches or the front driver's door master switch panel. Your step-by-step troubleshooting.

Google "cadillac forums 2002 deville rear window problems" or something close.

·
Registered
2000 Deville Base, 2019 Corvette Grand Sport
1,120 Posts
I had that problem. You have to slide the rubber sleeve that covers the wiring harness between the doors to get a view. The chaffed wire you are looking for is the black one. Other members in the past reported same wire as the cause. My car did the same clicking but (relay or door module I guess) window would not work.

·
Registered
2000 Deville DHS
699 Posts
Is this an expensive fix if one were to have a shop do it?

Both my rear windows in my 2000 DHS don’t work [stuck in the up position] when I try to roll the windows down it goes down maybe a half inch and makes a noise that sounds like it’s about to crack the window.

·
Registered
2000 Deville Base, 2019 Corvette Grand Sport
1,120 Posts
Is this an expensive fix if one were to have a shop do it?

Both my rear windows in my 2000 DHS don’t work [stuck in the up position] when I try to roll the windows down it goes down maybe a half inch and makes a noise that sounds like it’s about to crack the window.
I don't know exactly what is causing your problem but the operation of the windows is a very simple system comprised of one moving part, the window regulator. As a matter of fact it seems to be the only part in the door. The window attaches to two sleeves on the regulator and that goes up and down in a track. I have done three of these and it seems like it is the only part inside the door panel. Check out this video and it gives you the exact way a window in a deville goes up and down. It is very simple and takes me about 15 minutes to do the whole job.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts