Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need part no. for ele connector from engine side to radiator fan motor connector to allow to fuse hot wire to radiator fan motors. part can be after market.

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
87,113 Posts
Check RockAuto, electronics > connectors.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited by Moderator)
Check RockAuto, electronics > connectors.
Ranger, many thanks. Hopefully they have correct cross ref number.

The fans already have fuses and relays in the underhood fuse box.

View attachment 582351
Sub 409, Thank you for diagram. What I wish to be able to do is by pass controls and go through fuse straight to motor terminals, but use proper connector from positive/fuse side to motor pigtail.

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
69,486 Posts
Why bypass the original fan control circuit SLOW / FAST settings? Running the fans full time will accomplish nothing useful, and you don't want to go to a lower temp thermostat - the engine controls are set for the original 188 opening temp. The engine needs to run at about 190 - 210 degrees. The 'stat is not fully open until 206 degrees ........

The smaller Deville gauge ticks or digital display bars correspond to this Seville gauge picture - all the engines use the same temp sender.

See the little white dot just below 160 degrees? That's about where emissions open/closed loop changes occur - you don't want to run the engine anywhere near that temp.

Temp gauge - my numbers.jpg

·
Master of the Dark Art of Diagnostics
2003 DHS - two-2002 DHS, 2003 SLS, 1995 Sedan DeVille, 1989 Coupe DeVille
19,706 Posts
Ranger, many thanks. Hopefully they have correct cross ref number.

Sub 409, Thank you for diagram. What I wish to be able to do is by pass controls and go through fuse straight to motor terminals, but use proper connector from positive/fuse side to motor pigtail.
==========================
What I wish to be able to do is by pass controls and go through fuse straight to motor terminals,
WHY?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Why bypass the original fan control circuit SLOW / FAST settings? Running the fans full time will accomplish nothing useful, and you don't want to go to a lower temp thermostat - the engine controls are set for the original 188 opening temp. The engine needs to run at about 190 - 210 degrees. The 'stat is not fully open until 206 degrees ........

The smaller Deville gauge ticks or digital display bars correspond to this Seville gauge picture - all the engines use the same temp sender.

See the little white dot just below 160 degrees? That's about where emissions open/closed loop changes occur - you don't want to run the engine anywhere near that temp.

View attachment 582354
Submarine 409: I would do this only in an emergency, if the fan controls had failed. In the hot summer time down here, even without AC running, unless your are on open highway, I expect cooling fluid will increase to an over temp condition quickly.

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
69,486 Posts
Let the car and the reliable fan controls do their thing and stop obsessing over nothing. If the engine ever comes even remotely close to a possible overheat it will let you know.

Louisiana is a whole lot less warm than the Sahara desert or Saudi Arabia and these engines are perfectly happy there.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. The car is 19 model years old - has it overheated yet ?

p.s. - the engine was designed and tested to run over 50 miles with NO coolant. Your engine has Camel Mode.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Let the car and the reliable fan controls do their thing and stop obsessing over nothing. If the engine ever comes even remotely close to a possible overheat it will let you know.

Louisiana is a whole lot less warm than the Sahara desert or Saudi Arabia and these engines are perfectly happy there.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. The car is 19 model years old - has it overheated yet ?

p.s. - the engine was designed and tested to run over 50 miles with NO coolant. Your engine has Camel Mode.
Submarine 409 Thank for your informative response, I have never had overheating on the car which my Dad bought new. It has only 77 k miles but I have often heard how NorthStar Engines dislike overheating, but I think you have made me put my concerns aside.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts