Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Synthetic oil or conventional oil it has 92,000 miles on it now . I been using conventional. Since 37,000 miles.. 4.6 L valve cover gaskets are in it's future.
Got my torq pro app working . It's about the flames.

Sent from my LGL84VL using Tapatalk

·
-Administrator- 2002.5 F55 STS 2014 FWD Explorer
66,607 Posts
If the conventional has performed well there's no reason to switch. Those (our) engines were designed and tested using a 5W-30 synthetic oil with an API rating of SJ - obsolete now.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok yes I'm using Valvoline premium conventional. 5w30 .. it's nice to check with others just in case something has changed or learned. Thanks for the info..

·
Master of the Dark Art of Diagnostics
18,813 Posts
Ok yes I'm using Valvoline premium conventional. 5w30 .. it's nice to check with others just in case something has changed or learned. Thanks for the info..

==============================
I just got a couple 5-qt jugs from Fleet Farm - on sale for $15.99 each - and a $5 mail-in rebate -
hard to beat that price -

·
Super Moderator 2003 Deville Base SEMPER PARATUS
4,331 Posts
Bass, you always seem to have the best deals on everything. I got some needs coming up so I'll be in touch

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You know last time I got Valvoline it was cheapest at Menards by the quart bottles . Crazy

·
2000 Deville base 2019 Corvette Gran Sport
971 Posts
Be careful, Walmart isn't on their participating retailer list.
Neither is Wally World but they honor it. Been doing the Walmart thing for years. As Bass said they might not make some lists (not that that matters) but they are definitely a approved retailer.

·
2004 Deville base
287 Posts
Holy heck thanks for the Mobil promo offers, Delvac is about 1/2 price as well, $6 a gallon after a $6 rebate.
I use/like Delo, but 1/2 price I'll load up on Mobil this summer.
Like Bass said, some M1 for the mower

"Rebate conditions: Rebate is valid in the 50 United States and the District of Columbia. Void in Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands and where prohibited, restricted or taxed. Eligible products can be purchased together on one (1) receipt, or purchased separately and combined in one (1) envelope. Rebate limits for each eligible product and product size are defined above. Limit seventeen (17) rebates per household."

·
18,813 Posts
Pretty weird that they go to the trouble to make a participating dealer list when it doesn't even matter. I wouldn't care because I wouldn't send in a rebate to save my life.
================================
I wouldn't care because I wouldn't send in a rebate to save my life.
:hmm: - if you saw a $5 bill on the ground - you wouldn't bend over and pick it up?

·
Registered
15 Posts
================================
I wouldn't care because I wouldn't send in a rebate to save my life.
:hmm: - if you saw a $5 bill on the ground - you wouldn't bend over and pick it up?
Most rebates can be done online in a matter of minutes .

·
18,813 Posts
Most rebates can be done online in a matter of minutes .
============================
well - SOME at least -
BUT - what does that have to do with never redeeming a rebate even if your life depended on it?

·
66,607 Posts
Evan Williams (bourbon) used to offer $2 kickback per 1.75L jug of EW Black. Send in the neck tag, 3 - 4 weeks later a $2 bill would arrive in the mail. I have quite a stack.

·
2004 Deville base
287 Posts
Take a picture of the receipts with my phone> attach to the email/text>send to Mobil....5 minutes max.
5x$6 one gallons=$30
3x$12.5 2.5gals=$37.5

I'll take $67.50 back into my pocket for 5 min. effort... 24/7/365.

I barely made that much an hour travelling 500k mi/yr for a s#***y job a few years back.
Bring it!!

Now I have to figure out the 9 other rebates hahaha

In 2002 I bought 30 jugs of M1 10w-30 for $6/jug/clearance on SG/SL rated, for the ZR1. ZDDP was a concern back then, as now.
I'm about out.:(

·
66,607 Posts
ZDDP applies mainly to flat tappet cams, lifters, cam followers - anti-scuff.

Roller cams/lifters/followers don't really need much of the additive.

Get into the Joe Gibbs racing oils site. You can buy several high quality synthetics with higher ZDDP loads than more common brands. Same for AMSOIL. (No, none of it is cheap)

Here's the ZDDP load breakdown for past years ............we're into SN now, and it has a tad less than SM. (DEXOS - GM's licensing approval specification for engine oil - has essentially nothing to do with ZDDP.)

Attachments

1 - 20 of 37 Posts