Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2002 deville
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This just started a few days ago out of the blue when i started my car. when my deville is idling i can feel the engine miss. also when i stop and go the engine stumbles. i pulled my codes and the only code i get is P0300 Engine Misfire Detected. any help would be appreciated.

·
Master of the Dark Art of Diagnostics
2003 DHS - two-2002 DHS, 2003 SLS, 1995 Sedan DeVille, 1989 Coupe DeVille
19,842 Posts
This just started a few days ago out of the blue when i started my car. when my deville is idling i can feel the engine miss. also when i stop and go the engine stumbles. i pulled my codes and the only code i get is P0300 Engine Misfire Detected. any help would be appreciated.
------------------------
P0300 is a generic misfire code -
our on-board code readers will not display WHICH cylinder/cylinders is/are misfiring -
only that there IS a misfire -

take the car to any large auto parts store - they will check your codes for free -

P0301 is a misfire in cylinder #1 - P0302 is cylinder #2 - P0303 is #3 - etc -

once you discover WHICH cylinder is misfiring - diagnosis becomes much easier -

·
Registered
2002 deville
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
------------------------
P0300 is a generic misfire code -
our on-board code readers will not display WHICH cylinder/cylinders is/are misfiring -
only that there IS a misfire -

take the car to any large auto parts store - they will check your codes for free -

P0301 is a misfire in cylinder #1 - P0302 is cylinder #2 - P0303 is #3 - etc -

once you discover WHICH cylinder is misfiring - diagnosis becomes much easier -
ok.thanks

·
Registered
2005 Deville
21 Posts
If it's only at idle I would check your vacuum line coming out of the intake manifold on the passenger side. They tend to get hard and brittle with age and crack. Mine did and the car ran fine at speed but when idling it was missing.

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
87,179 Posts
You might start with a good TB cleaning. That's free, except for the can of TB cleaner.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts