Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2002 deville dhs
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
My 2002 deville has a bose HU (cd/tape) with an external disc changer in the glovebox. I am looking for a hardwired connection for my itouch/iphone. Not looking for cassette adapter or fm adapter. I see adapters on the internet but all say upto 2001 deville, what is up with that what is so diff about 2002 and up devilles? Please help as i am getting frustrated. Thanks!

·
Registered
2008 DTS Lux III
587 Posts
I do NOT recommend the Belkin; that was the model I threw away before getting the Sony. Btw-I got it at a Sony store but you can probably get it on-line. There is NO way to hard-wire it without MAJOR issues. There are threads in here about these efforts-search for it.

·
Registered
2001 DTS
14 Posts
nah, i got you covered. I have a 2001 deville dts. w/ Bose headunit w/ cd and tape player. i also had the 6 disc cd changer adapter in the glove box. Picked up the usa spec PA11-gm45. which can be found here on ebay. http://cgi.ebay.com/USA-SPEC-PA11-GM-PA-11-GM-Ipod-Interface-Adapter_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trkparmsZ65Q3a12Q7c66Q3a2Q7c39Q3a1Q7c72Q3a1205Q7c293Q3a1Q7c294Q3a50QQ_trksidZp3286Q2ec0Q2em14QQhashZitem4398fc5349QQitemZ290329482057QQptZOtherQ5fMP3Q5fPlayerQ5fAccessoriesQQsalenotsupported

I went to install it and realized that it does not connect to the 9 pin adapter in the glove box. Got back on the web and found the adapter i need. Its the USASpec CAS-GCAD7i Special Adapter Cable for Select 2001-05 Cadillac. Whch can be found here http://www.discountcarstereo.com/detail.aspx?ID=853

And i got it all hooked up. Drilled a small hole in the glove box and passes the ipod connector trough there. And i can control the songs from the steering wheel. The sound quality is amazing, with the bose headunit. No need to ever upgrade stereo.

·
Registered
2011 CTS4 Premium, Saturn Vue XR
493 Posts
Had mine installed at BestBuy, they took out the 6 disc changer in my glove compartment and hooked it up to the pin connector. All buttons on steering wheel work the Ipod and no code problems as of yet. I never listened to more than one cd at a time anyway, all tunes are on my Ipod as well. Changer can be reinstalled easily if you sell the car.:cool2:

·
Registered
1992 STS / 2005 MB G500 / 2003 STS / 2006 XLR-V
11,694 Posts
For the OP, Use the CD Changer connection as mentioned above. Short of that, a -quality- cassette adapter will do the trick but with none of the automation.

·
Super Moderator
2010 DTS
87,551 Posts
I do NOT recommend the Belkin; that was the model I threw away before getting the Sony. Btw-I got it at a Sony store but you can probably get it on-line. There is NO way to hard-wire it without MAJOR issues. There are threads in here about these efforts-search for it.
What is wrong with it? I don't know much about this stuff, but mine seems to work just fine and the sound quality is as good as a CD or cassette.

·
Registered
2008 DTS Lux III
587 Posts
The one I had kept changing directions-in the middle of a song or after a song. I dumped it and picked up the Sony and haven't had a problem like that in over a year.

·
Registered
2008 DTS Lux III
587 Posts
Still trying to find out if I can add an ipod connector to a base-level audio (non-Bose, no CD changer).

·
Registered
2002 deville dhs
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
nah, i got you covered. I have a 2001 deville dts. w/ Bose headunit w/ cd and tape player. i also had the 6 disc cd changer adapter in the glove box. Picked up the usa spec PA11-gm45. which can be found here on ebay. http://cgi.ebay.com/USA-SPEC-PA11-GM-PA-11-GM-Ipod-Interface-Adapter_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trkparmsZ65Q3a12Q7c66Q3a2Q7c39Q3a1Q7c72Q3a1205Q7c293Q3a1Q7c294Q3a50QQ_trksidZp3286Q2ec0Q2em14QQhashZitem4398fc5349QQitemZ290329482057QQptZOtherQ5fMP3Q5fPlayerQ5fAccessoriesQQsalenotsupported

I went to install it and realized that it does not connect to the 9 pin adapter in the glove box. Got back on the web and found the adapter i need. Its the USASpec CAS-GCAD7i Special Adapter Cable for Select 2001-05 Cadillac. Whch can be found here http://www.discountcarstereo.com/detail.aspx?ID=853

And i got it all hooked up. Drilled a small hole in the glove box and passes the ipod connector trough there. And i can control the songs from the steering wheel. The sound quality is amazing, with the bose headunit. No need to ever upgrade stereo.
This is the type of hook up im looking for. imma search for these parts and keep my fingers crossed when installing. thanks for the heads up!

·
Registered
2002 deville dhs
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Had mine installed at BestBuy, they took out the 6 disc changer in my glove compartment and hooked it up to the pin connector. All buttons on steering wheel work the Ipod and no code problems as of yet. I never listened to more than one cd at a time anyway, all tunes are on my Ipod as well. Changer can be reinstalled easily if you sell the car.:cool2:
bestbuy really? do you know the part they used and how much did they charge you?

·
Registered
2002 deville dhs
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
For all who are looking for an ipod interface I just found this website that has units for devilles. I ordered mine and hope to get it in acouple of days. I will let you know how the install goes. www.installer.com

·
Registered
2002 deville dhs
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
This is the type of hook up im looking for. imma search for these parts and keep my fingers crossed when installing. thanks for the heads up!
Hey can you tack a pic of ur hu and post it. they r sayin bose hu are unable to be set up cause the hu only has a source button and it needs to have a seperat cd, tape, am/fm button for these adapters to work. but if you have a source button like mine and ur setup works then i dont know what they r talking about. thanks

·
Registered
2008 DTS Lux III
587 Posts
Which adapter did you get? Do you have the standard cd/cassette (non-Bose)? Did you have to order more than one adapter/harness?

Following this very closely. I'm getting a Touch tonight and would love to be able to integrate it rather than just run the audio out to my cassette adapter.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts