Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
2002 Deville base
02' DeVille, Crimson, 1300w Sub, Tinted
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know I said I wanted to do a custom exhaust on my car a while ago.. well here it is.. sounds pretty mean and doesn’t drone

·
Master of the Dark Art of Diagnostics
2003 DHS - two-2002 DHS, 2003 SLS, 1995 Sedan DeVille, 1989 Coupe DeVille
20,726 Posts
I know I said I wanted to do a custom exhaust on my car a while ago.. well here it is.. sounds pretty mean and doesn’t drone
=================
sounds like a broken exhaust to me -
but if YOU like it - that's all that matters

·
2002 Deville base
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
=================
sounds like a broken exhaust to me -
but if YOU like it - that's all that matters
Weird you’re the only one that’s said that it’s gotten a lot of compliments

·
Super Moderator
2003 Deville Base
5,851 Posts
I'm with Bass on this one, but our opinions don't matter. It's subjective, so if you like it, that's what matters. Party on.

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
72,798 Posts
It's all different, and our small V8 with the phony "dual" exhaust just doesn't cut it against a real carbureted large block with true duals - and even then, muffler choice is like tuning a piano.

.......... notice what real torque does at the the RR fenderwell.

·
Registered
2000 Deville DHS
1,076 Posts
I’ve never understood the desire with wanting a Cadillac to have a loud exhaust. Maybe if it made a significant difference in performance, but even then...

If my Cadillac sounded like that I’d waste no time paying to have it fixed.

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
72,798 Posts
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder - his mufflers are another's tint, another's pinstriping, another's sound system, another's wheels.

EDIT: Of course we all agree on all this stuff all the time ....... :cool:

·
Registered
2005 Cadillac Deville
238 Posts
If you like it, it sounds great, to you. I, personally, think it sounds like a Silverado pickup. Not what I have in mind for my 05 Deville. But thumbs up for being and doing you.

·
Registered
70 Deville 78 Seville 92 Deville 03 Deville
924 Posts
When I was a kid in the 70's I thought it was so cool to see a nice shiny Cadillac parked at the ice cream stand or car hop and thinking how classy it is. The when they start it up and hear the loud exhaust it just made me go WOW. It's the surprise effect that gets me. The sound doesn't go with the visual and I like that it isn't my grandfathers Cadillac.

I forgot my Deville idling in the driveway last week. I was working in the garage about 20 ft away from it and couldn't even hear it running lol.

·
Registered
2000 Deville DHS
1,076 Posts
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder - his mufflers are another's tint, another's pinstriping, another's sound system, another's wheels.
That’s why I said I’d pay to have it fixed. Lol.

Maybe if I could hear what it sounds like from inside the the car going down the road. All the videos I see are of a car idling in park and they all sound like crap.

The video you posted of that Chevy sounds good... Know what else sounds good? The Northstar when I put my foot in it merging onto the freeway with the radio off and the windows rolled up. But that’s the engine making that sound, right?

·
2002 Deville base
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
That’s why I said I’d pay to have it fixed. Lol.

Maybe if I could hear what it sounds like from inside the the car going down the road. All the videos I see are of a car idling in park and they all sound like crap.

The video you posted of that Chevy sounds good... Know what else sounds good? The Northstar when I put my foot in it merging onto the freeway with the radio off and the windows rolled up. But that’s the engine making that sound, right?
I was gonna film a better quality video, but I do have a clip of one of my buddies filmed it sitting in the trunk i was rolling around in first and second gear letting it rev up

·
Registered
2000 Deville DHS
1,076 Posts
I was gonna film a better quality video, but I do have a clip of one of my buddies filmed it sitting in the trunk i was rolling around in first and second gear letting it rev up
Now that’s dedication.. That looked pretty dangerous. Lol. I’m glad your friend made it through ok.

I was thinking something along these lines, but in the back.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts