Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
cts
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What type of headlights are you using? I dont want to switch to a chineese HID set up, but I love the look of the HIDs. I am considering the Philips Diamond Vision and I read something about PIAA. I am looking for the best lighting of the road, and something close to the HID look if it is possible.

Thanks for any suggestions.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Just search this forum, this has been gone over time and again. Don't put HIDs into your car unless you want to be a complete jerk to everyone else on the road. It doesn't look cool, it glares and just screams "poser."

·
Master of the Dark Art of Diagnostics
2003 DHS - two-2002 DHS, 2003 SLS, 1995 Sedan DeVille, 1989 Coupe DeVille
20,212 Posts
like bmoore2 said - HID's are NOT to be used in reflector type headlights -

the PIAA brand are a high quality bulb that put the most light on the road -
they are expensive - and some say they don't last as long as other brands -

any of the BLUE-DIPPED bulbs will give that ricer-BLUE-BLING look -
but will put LESS usable light on the road -

the farther away from white light - the LESS usable light -

·
Registered
2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP), 1972 Sedan Deville
26,323 Posts
:yeah:

There are some very high quality HID kits available, but for your application, you'd have to install projectors into your reflector type headlight housings. This is custom work, parts and good labor not cheap.

For brighter, whiter lights, get yourself some PIAA Intense halogen replacements.

S

·
0 Posts
Yeh HID's a bad idea i use sylvania silverstars all over and the silverstar ultras in the low and high beams look great also a little expensive for the bulbs but nice white look

·
Registered
2002 DeVille Base White Diamond, 2008 SRX V8 AWD 3rd row and
33 Posts
I use the Silverstar Ultras as well. A little pricey, but much better lighting.

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
71,003 Posts
I use PIAA Intense White 4100K halogens. Been in there about 7 years and it's about time to install a new set.

Stock halogens are 3100K light temperature bulbs, so a 4100K bulb burns ~25% hotter - the tungsten filament WILL have a shorter life. No way around that physical fact.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts