Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
98 Concours, 01 STS, 02 deville, 06 DTS performance, 07 Esca
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to replace the Secondary A.I.R. pump in my '02 Deville, but the part is suddenly missing off rockauto.com. I can't seem to find it on gmparts direct either!?

Any suggests on some where else to get it? In CANADA would be great!!! Also, does anyone have the part number for the hose kit? How much does it approximately cost??

Pump kit GM part # is 19515549

THANKS! :rockon:

·
Registered
98 Concours, 01 STS, 02 deville, 06 DTS performance, 07 Esca
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Great!! Thanks guys!

I checked the maxi fuses right away... it's blown - The pump is completely seized.

-Chad.

·
Registered
99 STS
700 Posts
The pump supplies pressurized fresh air into the exhaust system to accelerate catalyst operation. It helps reduce HC and CO emission levels and operates upon initial cold or warm engine start-ups. The motor runs for approximately 20 – 30 seconds, when the engine start-up coolant temperature is between 41° F (5° C) and 122° F (50° C) and the ambient air temperature is between 41° F (5° C) and 140° F (60° C).

·
Super Moderator
2010 DTS
87,552 Posts
It pumps fresh air into the exhaust for about 40 seconds after a cold start to lite the CAT off quicker. It's down near the left front wheel.

EDIT: Oops, Frank beat me to it.

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
71,038 Posts
It sits up on a mount inside the driver's side fenderwell liner. The new pumps come with a modified air intake tube which goes up into the engine intake ducting to preclude water intrusion which is the main failure cause.

Check the maxi-fuse in the engine compartment box first.

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
71,038 Posts
Barely loosen the wheel lug nuts and put the left front up on a jackstand. The whole front up on 2 if you want level working room. Pull the wheel and remove the plastic fender liner - some STSM screws and plastic rivets - lift the center expander pin in the rivet and pull it out (spares in the "Help !" blister pack section of any large parts house). Disconnect the A.I.R. pump and unbolt it. Reverse. You will have to do a bit of tube fishing and installation of the new air intake. If you're not worried about a bit of vacuum-cleaner noise for 20 seconds in the morning it's not absolutely necessary to insert the intake tube into the engine air intake piping. Just wire-tie it up in the engine compartment away from spray and direct water splash.

Call Luke in parts at Lindsay Cadillac, over there >>>>>> M-F, 9-5 EDT.

·
Registered
PREVIOUS 00DTS,04DTS,04DTS,03CTS,07CTS CURRENT 07STS4 09CTS4
522 Posts
I was cleaning the motor today and I decided to take a look at the fuses and realized that 2 fuses are missing Air Pump A and Air Pump B....im going first thing to the store tomorrow to buy the fuses...is that a real bad thing that there is neither one??and funny thing is that they were there 3-4 months back....

·
Registered
04 Deville, 11 DTS Premium, 00 Deville (sold), 02 Deville (sold)
2,688 Posts
I was cleaning the motor today and I decided to take a look at the fuses and realized that 2 fuses are missing Air Pump A and Air Pump B....im going first thing to the store tomorrow to buy the fuses...is that a real bad thing that there is neither one??and funny thing is that they were there 3-4 months back....

Are you sure that your Deville has air pumps? My 2000 does not but my 2002 does. Check outs AJ's thread on determining if you have an Air Pump.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-tech-tips/118874-how-identify-if-you-have-air.html

·
Registered
PREVIOUS 00DTS,04DTS,04DTS,03CTS,07CTS CURRENT 07STS4 09CTS4
522 Posts
lol ok I guess I dont....does it make a major difference?....I could have sworn I had the fuses in there

·
Super Moderator
2010 DTS
87,552 Posts
All the AIR pump does is blow fresh air into the exhaust to lite off the CAT faster, thus producing "less" emissions. It only runs for about 40 seconds after start up. One (or two) things less to go wrong for you.

·
Registered
04 Deville, 11 DTS Premium, 00 Deville (sold), 02 Deville (sold)
2,688 Posts
Consider yourself lucky that you don't have an air pump. It's just on there for emissions purposes. I find that working on my Deville that doesn't have an air pump is easier... all that pump, tubing, switches etc. are just in the way. And like Ranger said it's just one more thing to break.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts